The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I have had that happen. is there any way of separating them for a bit other then having her tied to a tree?
I normally say let them duke it out but I will step in when there are babies involved. Did one of the them try to take her food?

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
She might just be trying to set herself as the dominate one. How old is the other doe? I had to get rid of a Grand Champion wether when he was three because he was hitting my girls and i did not want him to cause a abortion.

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I have one doe that all the others run from when she walks near them. She is the sweetest thing in the world, so you would never guess she could be like that. I am not one to say if you should tie her to a line. I would be rather worried about it. How about letting her go and see if she does it again. Maybe take a spray bottle with you to spray her in the face id she tried it. Is there a place that the babies can go and hide? I always have a get away place for the babies in case I have a doe that is mean. Let the adults fight it out. Even when I introduced my new baby buck to the buck pen I put a dog crate where only he could get into it and that way he can get away for the big boys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.