The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 1/2 yr old doe just went NUTS!! I heard this banging around outside and she was attacking my other doe and all 3 kids! Using her horns to just throw them around! :GAAH:
I went outside to get them away from her and then tied her to a tree. I can't leave her tied without shelter. The others are back in the pen. The doe is limping on one of her hind legs, the kids don't seem hurt. :hair: As soon as I separated them she calmed right down. She has NEVER done anything even close to this before!
Candy

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other doe is her daughter, Kizzy. She is 2. There was no feed involved. She has been the dominate one since she came here as a bottle baby. She has ALWAYS been 'nasty' with Kizzy, but NEVER anything like this! I'm going to try to put some kind of 'trot' line in the garage/barn and give her enough line to lay down. If I keep it high--6'-- do you think it will keep her safe from getting hurt or tangled?
Candy

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, Stacey, I tied her to a trot/trolly line but felt so bad about it that I went out to get her and try her with the others again. When I saw her she was so tangled in the line that was hooked up to the trot line that in another 2 min. she would have hung herself. I finally got her loose and all I could do was cry. She just laid down beside me and put her head on my lap.
When I pulled myself together, I got a spray bottle and tried her in the pen. The others ran when they saw her but she just went in the shed and laid down. I stayed until dark and things were quiet. She let her buckling nurse and allowed the others in the shed. I've turned the baby moniter on and came back to the house. So far, :roll: so good.
I think I traumatized her and she'll never forgive me for it. I feel like the wicked witch of the west :tears:
Candy

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also took the advice to put a 'safe' place out there so the kids could get away from her. All I had handy was a travel crate for dogs so I took the door off and used that
Candy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.