Favor To Ask...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Dec 3, 2007.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I am trying the new Clicky think with my freewebs.com website. It is a free option that provides you with stats on how people find your website, the number of people that view it, how long they look at it, and other things like that. So if you have the time and don't mind I would appreciate it if you would check out my website and take a look around so I can see how will this new option works. I will post my likes and dislikes about it on here so other freewebs.com users on here will know about it. I will also try and post details about it as I try this little experiment :D So just take a look around my website :D While you are doing this if you have comments or suggestions about my site I would be more than happy to hear them! Over the next couple of weeks I am going to be working on adding my newest Does to it as well as making a few changes and updating my breeding schedule (I have my breeding schedule hidden right now while I make changes to it). Thanks in advance!!!!

Brandi
    http://www.freewebs.com/hollowbeadranch

2. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Good looking site and animals.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Your site looks great, I love the set up and your goats are so pretty! :D

4. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    it looks real good. those babies are so cute

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep, I believe I have told you that I really like it including the layout. (it is just like mine). hehehehe

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks everyone!! This Clicky thing is REALLY neat. It shows me how many visitors I have had, what pages each visitor looked at, gives a link to the thread that you accessed my link at, and even tells me what browser each visitor was using! Very cool! :D

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have something like that called site meter.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I did the free trial of that clicky thing and I think its really awsome :D

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so it is only a trial?

10. debpnigerians

debpnigerians New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    north central Texas
    I have a freewebs site, and haven't signed up for Clicky yet because I have invasion-of-privacy concerns. I don't want anyone freaking out and thinking I'm spying on them. But the info would be really useful........opinions, please?

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I don't know about clicky but with site meter it is free (well there is a free option and a paying option) and the people dont even know you are gathering the information.

with the free site meter you don't get everything obviously. But I can tell what wording they used to search on an search engine, what sites came up for them and where I was in the listing.

I can see how many pages they viewed (just not which ones which is anoying) how long they were on my site and where they are located, city and state.

It sometimes gives me a partial IP address but not always. I can see what kind of browser they are using and what kind of internet. Most of that stuff isn't important to me.

I like to see what they used to search to find me, what were their words they used, how long they stayed and where they are located.

THey also provide a graph of your site hits etc I hardly ever look at that stuff.

again this is site meter not clicky

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Stacey, that is the same thing as the Clicky thing on freewebs :) I'll have to look into that once my trial is over.

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I believe it is sitemeter.com or something like that. There maybe a link on my website under or near my site meter on my home page.

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ok thanks, I'll check that out :wink:

15. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That is the exact same thing as clicky. And clicky is free as well, but like you said it has a paying option and a free option. Right now I am using a free trial which includes some of the benefits that are including in a paying subscription. Then once the trial is over with unless I opt to having a paying subscription it will drop down to the free subscription and its options. So far I am really enjoying it and I have had 25 hits this week :D

16. debpnigerians

debpnigerians New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    north central Texas
    I'm kinda torn on this Clicky service.....it'd be nice to have the info, but is this an invasion of privacy thing? Is Clicky or Freewebs selling my visitor's info to someone? I don't want someone coming to my website and suddenly getting tons of junkmail because Clicky sold thier info to somebody. I'm not exactly the most com-poo-ter literate person on the planet so maybe I'm being too spooky - I sure would appreciate some input on this to help me decide wether or not to sign up.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have received no issues with visiting sites with site meter.

They aren't gathering e-mail information nor are they taking anything more then they already do when you access a website. They are just making it available to you the owner of the site to see what type of action your website is receiving.

18. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I agree with Stacey. Everything I have read on it states that they do not sale information to people. It is strictly to help you get the most out of your website, or atleast that is the way I interpret it. I haven't had any problems or complaints so far.