Favourite photos (but not goats)

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by keren, Dec 5, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    You know, I was planning on doing this for the last few days but the other post beat me to it!

These are some that I like, that I found while digging through the old photos the last few days (had to find some for a friend).

They arent of goats which is why I thought I'd put them in a different post, but mods please move if it should be on the other thread.

Wheat crop just starting to take off

[​IMG]

Waterfall in Tasmania

[​IMG]

Elephant when a circus stopped close by

[​IMG]

Little girl who talked to our big bull, Cappucino, at one of the local shows

[​IMG]

Bonnie, when she was a kitten, climbing on the flyscreen - 'Let me in pleeeeeeease'

[​IMG]

Jet in an old ute

[​IMG]

Ginger Meggs ...

[​IMG]

Show team at Melbourne Royal 2005, relaxing

[​IMG]

Zack, one of my five nephews, inventor of the cheese and jam on rice cakes lunch

[​IMG]

Best mate, Celia, in Tassie

[​IMG]

Iceberg, doing what he does best ... being a BULL

[​IMG]

Storm rolling in one evening

[​IMG]

Yerong Creek sunset

[​IMG]

Zack meeting his new brother, Logan

[​IMG]

Storm brewing in Kosciuszko National Park

[​IMG]

Little waterfall into the river after the storm above (been going to this same spot for so many years, only seen this waterfall twice)

[​IMG]

My steer, Mario. Grand Champion on hoof at Sydney Royal 2004, black limo, orphaned at 3 weeks and put on grain. Was too fat to get the champ on the hook. The sweetest best tempered steer of all I have shown.

[​IMG]

Week old angus bull calf, 'Frankfurt', at Sydney show 2005. Also my avatar. Mum was the craziest bitch I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I washed her with a broom.

[​IMG]

2. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Nice Photos Keren! :clap:

One thing I point out.. You dont have an avatar :shrug:

Thanks for sharing anyway :)

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Keren,

You have he most beautiful pictures. I just love them.

OK, maybe I need to move over there with my nephew. But I have to say he has never told us it was that beautiful.

OH that calf is adorable.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    thank you so much keren ....I love Australia pics....even if ...they are not goats...LOL. :greengrin: :wink:

real nice scenery shots...love the waterfall shots ...so beautiful and Yerong Creek sunset....
    just gorgeous... :) :love:

Neat elephant's ...looks like he is wearing his food...LOL :)
    doesn't look like there is much ....holding in those elephants ...appears to be
    electric fence tape? :shades: :scratch:

your bull, Cappucino...is a real nice looker ....and seems very gentle... :love:
    Iceberg...looks so uncomfortable....ouch...but I know he has to have that
    on him ...for control ......and your steer, Mario. Grand Champion...wow..now that is
    alot of fat..
    Week old Angus bull calf, 'Frankfurt',what a cute face.. :love:
    you have very nice cattle...there...

Bonnie...the kitty...so adorable....saying" hurry there's a roo coming.... he says he's going to box my ears... :help: :shocked:

Jet....is he a border collie or queensland?

Cute foot shot of Ginger...LOL

Zack ...he is so cute ....and messy....LOL ....so funny...as if saying "Who Me"?
    Aww...that 's a site...so adorable.... :love: ...Zack meeting his new brother, Logan.. :hug:

Best mate, Celia, in Tassie? Is Tassie in Australia?

What types of storms do you get there? how high do the winds get...? ect

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Piccolo, I posted this on another forum where I have an avatar, just copy and pasted it here to save writing it out again :oops: I've been meaning to get on with doing an av here ...

Heh Heh I was playing with that calf like all show (1 week) he was cool!

toth ... the elephants were behind electric tape and also tethered by a chain attached to a front leg. They were really relaxed about everything. Our animal welfare rules have changed and circuses are no longer allowed to use elephants in their acts ... but a lot of old circuses like this one own elephants from when they were allowed to perform ... they are not suitable for zoos as they are too humanised ... so it doesnt leave them with much of a life - they get downright bored because they love performing, and arent allowed to do it anymore. (In case you didnt realise, I love circuses and I tend to stick around and talk to the people waaaay too much. The last one that came through here had three performing goats!)

Jet is a border collie.

Tassie is short for Tasmania, the little island at the bottom of Australia. I LOVE tassie, if I didnt have all my family here I would be moving there.

Storms are pretty tame in my area, we dont generally get gale force winds or storm damage or anything like that. They just look intimidating!

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Thanks keren

Poor elephants ...I feel so sorry for them .... :( ...that is not fair ...to them at all .....
    I agree ...circuses...are pretty cool... :cool: :)

What did the goats do in their performances? sounds interesting...

I was thinking Jet ...was a border collie...we have 2 of them ..they are wonderful dogs.. :) :thumbup:

7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    climbed up a ladder to stand on a teensy, weensy platform, spun around on it, barrel rolling, seesaw ... probably some others that I am forgetting. They were very well trained. We went back and met them after the show :greengrin:

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Great picture keren! The one of the kitten on the screen really cracked me up.

She reminds me of my old cat Nala. That cat used to cling to the molding at the top of the doorway and wait for my dog to walk underneath. She would then drop on him as he walked by.

10. FancyAppy

FancyAppy New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Wonderful photos!