FCGBA Open Pen Sale

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by sealawyer, Aug 13, 2009.

1. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    FCGBA to hold Great Goat Gather Open Pen Sale

The Freestone County Goat Breeders Association would like to invite all goat breeders to participate in the Great Goat Gather Open Pen Sale. The sale will be held at the Ike Carden Show Arena at the Fairgrounds in Fairfield, Texas on Saturday, September 26th from 10 a.m. till 3 p.m.
    This will be an open pen sale for everyone to participate in no matter if you are from Buffalo or Brownsville! Come and buy, sell, or trade to your hearts content. There will be a special meat goat pen to sell your healthy meat goats for an average market price.
    Pens can be rented for $10 each. There will be a limit of 5 goats or one Buck per pen. The meat goat pen will be $2 per meat goat. Meat goats will be numbered and will be weighed upon sale and sold for an average market price to be determined.
    This will be a private treaty sale with prices agreed upon by the buyer and seller. The average market price for meat goats will be agreed to by the seller on the day of the sale unless the price is renegotiated by the buyer and seller. The FCGBA and its members will provide the facilities and livestock scales for the sale but will not be held responsible or liable for the condition or sale of any animal sold.
    Our members hope you all come out and find the Breeding Buck, Doe, Show Wether, or Dinner that you are looking for! For information or to reserve some pens call Fred VanderMartin at 903-388-8528 or e-mail clwyer@gmail.com or call Gary Tugwell at 903-390-7780 or e-mail ggtugwell2@windstream.net. We ask that sellers call ahead or e-mail with some numbers so that we can get a number of pens for the sellers built.
    Concessions will be provided by the Dew 4-H. We hope to see you there!

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That sounds like alot of fun!!!! :leap: Why can't stuff like this ever be closer to Alabama??? :sigh: sorry... pitty moment there :ROFL:

If anyone takes pics at the sale I would LOVE to see them!!!!! :thumbup:

3. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    I have a brand new Canon EOS Rebel that I have just about wore out. I would love to post pics but I can't figger out how to post them on this group!

4. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Maybe this link will help you some

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=73

If you don't want to use photobucket then you can click "browse" down at the bottom of the post you are typing and upload the photos directly from your computer :wink:

5. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    I'll try it. When I try to upload a pic the other way it says it's too big. My picture thing must not be compatible to the web site or some thing! :scratch:

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hmm mke sure its jpeg. does sound fun though, we dont have livestock auctions here..except 4-H.

7. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Katrina, I have something to ask, and it is regarding shipping goats from the lower 48 to Alaska. If you ship a goat via the Alaska-Seattle ferry, is there a problem going that way to get goats up there? I know you have problems shipping overland, but is it the same by sea?

8. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    I've gotten calls to reserve 12 pens from 3 breeders. Please call or e=mail if you are interested in the sale. Thank you! :type:

9. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    I have to submit the goat gossip thursday evening and would like to report that there are going to be a lot of goats at our sale. Anyone near East Central Texas want to reserve some pens? Sell meat goats (they don't have to be Boers!)? Gimme a holler!

10. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Hi Folks! I would like to thank all of the fine breeders out there who have called and e-mailed and committed to bring goats to our sale. It sounds like we will have a good variety of Colored and Traditional Boers, commercial breeding goats, and meat goats at our sale. We have most of the 40 permanent pens reserved and can build plenty more if needs be. We will be selling the meat goats at $1.05 per pound and anticipate having plenty of buyers. We are going to offer samples of goat meat prepared by one of our local eateries so come on by for a taste and to check out the handsome stock provided by our members and fellow breeders. The Dew 4-H will provide snacks, drinks, and a tasty lunch for sale throughout the day. We hope to see you there to buy, sell or trade!

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sounds like... a great sale day coming up Fred......hope you have a good turnout ...on that day of buyers.........Good luck...... :greengrin: :wink: :thumbup:

12. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Thak you Pam! I'm as nervous as a cat in a rocking chair factory! And Gwen will be glad when it's over and our life will return to some normalcy! :hair: :hammer:

13. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    OK! This is my last chance to pester ya'll about coming to our pen sale in east-central Texas. We will have 70+ goats at the sale with breeders bringing Boer, Boer X, Kiko, and other breeds of goats. We will be selling meat goats for $1.05 per pound, live weight. Hope to see ya!

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome Fred.....don't worry... before you know it .....it will be all done and you can give that rocking chair a break.....and rock a little easier.... :wink: :greengrin:

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hey Fred. regarding your question about the ferry- I have no clue. :wink: yeah I can look into it though

16. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    I may be asking a dumb Texan question, but don't they have ferries and shippers that go directly from the lower 48 to Alaska? They probably have air frieght but that would really cost!

17. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Oooops I bumped the wrong one! Anyhow, our sale is Fbruary 27th. Same stuff as far as pens and such apply/ thanks!