February Girls - Snow White in labor!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by HoosierShadow, Dec 9, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Trouble due 2-25-11
    Sweetheart due 2-25-11

Snow White - possibly due around 2-23 to 2-28 I thought I had gotten her seperated in time but apparently not and never seen her come in heat again. I know it was end of Sept but I can't find where I wrote the date down. But it was either a couple of days before or after Trouble and Sweetheart were bred.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My original post, as I want to keep this for their kidding posts :)

I did post in goat frenzy about pooch tests, but am guessing my girls are def preggo. So, I thought I'd start a topic here, so I can keep it all in one place.

Trouble's pics are posted here:
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16527&start=15
    She had been hand bred back around the end of Jul/Aug <buck was too heavy and knocking her on her knees so hubby held her up>, but she didn't take. She was bred again at the end of Sept, and would be due on Feb 25th. This is her first pregnancy.

Sweetheart was bred the same time as Trouble - at least that's what my kids told me - I was working the World Equestrian Games back then and didn't get to spend much time with them.
    Sweetheart definitely is preggo, but if you think I am wrong please tell me. Neither have come back in heat, and Sweetheart is getting a big belly.
    This is Sweetheart's 2nd pregnancy - she had a nice buckling back at the beginning of July. She'd also be due Feb 25th.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would LOVE to get twins from Sweetheart, but will be happy as long as mom and baby is safe and healthy.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Possibly pregnant does for February

Trouble may end up with a single...depends on the size of the kids, Sweetheart though could very well give you multiples...having a previous pregnancy really conceals the true baby belly though, due to belly ligs being "used", seeing a baby belly on a FF is so much easier to guess the # of kids.

Hope you get at least a few girls in a couple months!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Pretty Doe......... :wink: :greengrin:

4. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

And you take the nicest, clearest rear end shots I've ever seen!

5. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I would say she is prego. and I am guessing twins.

6. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks everyone! I am fine if Trouble has a single, I just want it to all go well. I have no clue how she is going to act, she is a total tomboy! And right now she's soooo fuzzy, she looks ridiculously cute :) She has grown a lot since we got her late in the spring, but I expect her to be just as big as her big sis, Ithma, who is around 3 years old <and due in 3 weeks!>.

Sweetheart dropped a LOT of weight towards weaning time of her buckling. He was 7 lbs. which was huge for her as she wasn't a very large due, she's grown a little since then, but I expect she is as big as she may get. Anyway, he was 30 lbs. at 1 month old. He was a big boy, almost as big as her by the time he was 3 months old. We had to help get him out, he had one leg forward and one tucked under and his head and shoulders were sooooo big, she was having trouble pushing him out.
    So hopefully she has it smooth next time, I know it really wore her out and made her sore last time, but banamine fixed her right up :)

Now I have one known doe. Totally unknown. I haven't seen her come in heat since the end of Sept - same time as these girls. But I did try to seperate her, just don't think I did it in time. I didn't see him cover her, but he was definitely chasing her, so she could have already went through her standing heat <I was working the world equestrian games and gone from dusk til dawn for 14 days>.
    IMO she doesn't look pregnant, but she could be hiding it too. She lost a lot of weight right before we weaned her twins late this summer, and since I got her pregnant I don't know what she looked like pre first pregnancy <same with Sweetheart>, so if she is, then she'll start showing soon. I hope this isn't going to be a guessing game with her. I'll try to get pics of her tomorrow.

BTW, thanks for the comments on the pics, I hope I won't be known as the clearest butt shot though LOL!!! :laugh:
    I typically just use my Canon 30D, which is a model that came out around 6 years ago, I bought it this past spring as a backup, and something I can use for random things around here like the goats :) I use a 24-105mm lens on it usually.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Your welcome..... :thumb: :wink:

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: February Girls - 6 weeks to go!

Trouble 1-14-11 - soaking up the sun this morning - she's sooooo wooly from her winter coat - makes her look rough :laugh:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My tomboy is getting an udder!! :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sweetheart.... poor girl...she's getting sooo big!
    First here's a pic of Sweetheart from her first pregnancy 6 weeks from kidding a BIG single buckling
    [​IMG]

And today.... of course she has a winter coat, but she really is wide under that coat! Her udder looks to be about the same size at this stage of pregnancy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snow White is starting to get a bigger belly too. Still not sure if she'll be due the end of Feb or when? Guess we'll see when the time comes :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Re: February Girls - 6 weeks to go!

Awwweee I :love: them. Can't wait to see what Trouble has though! :wink:

10. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks :) I can't wait to see what Trouble has too! She is Ithma's yearling sister <our doe who kidded last week>. They were both bred to our buck, so it'll be interesting to see if she has traditional/paints or if she'll break the mold with a solid.

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Sweetheart has twins in there!!!!

I sure hope that Trouble gives you a pretty little doe too!

12. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I stuck around the barn tonight after goatie chores were finished, and decided to annoy Trouble. Being a FF she's kinda touchy on the bottom of her belly, and I admit I haven't messed with her belly much at all. So I decided too tonight, and felt her baby kicking away!!!! YEAY!!! MY TOMBOY!!!! :) I love all my girls and am excited to see what the other girls have, but I admit, I am REALLY excited to see what Trouble will have.
    She acts bossy, but she really does remind you of a child compared to the others with the way she acts. She's been a bit depressed since Ithma kidded because Ithma doesn't want anything to do with her :( I hope she does well as a mama, so she's not so sad. She just gives me that sad, confused look when she comes into the barn and peeks in Ithma's stall.

Sweetheart's udder looks to have grown a little bit too, there's more than a handful there. I'll have to get more pics maybe tomorrow so I can compare them to last week. I love looking at the pics. It's also fun to compare Sweetheart's pics to her first pregnancy pics....anyone else do this or am I a nut? hehe :)

13. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

How are the girls doing? My February one is due on the 14th I guess it is almost time for me to start her kidding tread.

14. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Nope not nuts at all I do it too, I know I have more pictures of the goats than the kids. I didn't have a decent digital Camera last year, so I only have one picture of Angel from that Pregnancy, but it was almost exactly two weeks before she was due, and she looks so different this time. Can't wait to be able to look back on all the Pictures I have of all of them from this go Around on the next one, just to see the difference's

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks for asking Roger, and you definitely should start a thread for your girl! How cool to have kids due on Valentine's Day!
    Bobbi Jo - I want to find a good way of organizing the pics showing comparisons from pregnancy to pregnancy and link it to their kids, need to find out if there is a program out there that will do this, since the goat program I have you can't add pics. It's fun to compare the pics :)

The Feb girls are doing good :) Trouble's udder continues to get a little bigger every few days. She's quieter these days, and not so much into being the nosey brat she normally is, kinda likes to be off doing her own thing. This started when Ithma had her kids though, and she doesn't want anything to do with her lil sis now :(
    I've been feeling for kid movement and it was rock n'rollin in there for a couple of days straight, too cute! I'm trying to get her used to being messed with on the belly and touching the udder now and then just to 'feel' the changes.

Sweetheart.poor girl...LOL She's such a good girl, quiet too, and is doing about the same as before, not paddling along yet, but she still waddles when she walks on the backend! She's got a thing for Ithma's little girl, Madison, and goes out of her way to check her out. Her udder has grown a little from that pic I last posted, but not a big change.

Snow White is as mean to the other goats as ever, hehe....she's my sweet brat though, no matter how upset I get with how she treats the others, I love my herd queen :)
    She's definitely getting wider, and her udder feels fuller than the others, a good handful there, and I've felt movement several times this week on the bottom of her belly near her udder :) I need to dig up her pics and compare her size to her first kidding :)
    She has me stumped though. She looks just fine weight wise, but you can feel her ribs. I am beginning to think this is just her....she was the one I was worried about at the end of Aug/early Sept that was skin and bones, more or less. We were very aggressive with worm treatment in case she had worms <2 diff wormers for several days>, increased grain, added calf manna, and stuffed her with hay the rest of the time <LOL>, and didn't make any big changes. But still, I want to stay on top of her when she kids so it doesn't take too much out of her. I was kinda hoping she wasn't pregnant, as I wanted to wait and kid her at the end of April, but......she made other plans!

Now I just hope and pray they don't all go at the same time. I can just picture me in one stall assisting, my husband in another, and my oldest 2 in the other stall assisting while my 4yo sits up in the divider wall coaching us along.....LOL

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

So I was just sitting here looking at my friends website <we bought a lot of our goats from her>, she has a bunch of bucklings for sale and wanted me to see them.
    My 4yo came over and asked, "Is that Rock Star?" I said, "Who's Rock Star?" She smiled and said, "Troubles baby.' LOL!!! Me and my son were joking the other day saying if Trouble has a boy we'd name him Rock Star because he's always kicking up a storm in there! So now.... if she has a boy we'll have to name him Rock Star...hehe...

Going to try and get new pics of the girls today. It's a beautiful, sunny day in the low to mid 40s, and they've all been lazing in the sun and browsing the pen.

17. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well tomorrow we will be 3 weeks away from Trouble and Sweetheart's due dates, and Snow White sometime that week, so she could have 2-3 1/2 weeks left.

I think Snow White has gotten wider, and out of the 3 she has a larger udder, well over a hand full now. Later next week I'll trim the hair around their tail and udder a little bit.

Today...
    [​IMG]

I call her my Wild Hair because the hair on her back looks so wild LOL I can't wait until nicer weather when they shed those thick, wild coats!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trouble has a very thick coat, and I am thinking she may only have a single kid, which is perfectly fine for her first kidding IMO. She's been much more standoff-ish, more so the last week or so. She just doesn't want to fuss with the other goats, but will if she has too. She seems a bit depressed since Ithma kidded - they were best buds <sisters>, and now Ithma wants nothing to do with her :( I try to pamper her though :)
    [​IMG]

Trouble and Sweetheart munching on hay together. While Trouble is all hair, Sweetheart really is all belly...
    She has a good handful of udder right now...

Climbing up on the hay feeder.
    [​IMG]

Standing normal in this one.
    [​IMG]

And just because they were standing next to each other..>Trouble...and Sweetheart.

BTW, Trouble is a Boer/Nubian cross and has always been a slim goat.
    Sweetheart is a boer/mix, not sure what she is crossed with.

[​IMG]

Okay...I could ramble all night, hehe... I can't wait for these girls to kid. I wonder what colors Snow White's kids will turn out to be - pretty sure they will take after her since her twins did. I am thinking traditionals or paints from Sweetheart and Trouble.

I forgot to add that I can see a difference in their tail heads. They are more sunken in and I can feel their ligs so much better, before they were harder to find and not so hollow...I noticed that with Trouble and Sweetheart both.

Edited to add:
    Sweetheart 3 weeks before she kidded in July last year....
    [​IMG]

18. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: February Girls - 3 Weeks to go!

They are looking GREAT! Udders are right on for the time they have left to go too. I hope Trouble gives you some gorgeous RED :kidred: :kidred: ....Snow White looks to have :kidblack: :kidblack: in there! Sweetheart may surprise you this time and have :kidblack: :kidblack: :kidblack: or even :kidblack:

Happy kidding to you...can't wait to see the babies you get :hug:

19. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Liz! I am hoping for at least 4-5 kids total from these three, but I am fine if they each give me one kid as long as everyone is healthy, safe and happy :)
    It'll be fun to see what color kids Snow White and Trouble have. I have no doubt Snow White will produce a kid that looks like her, but color...hmmm... After Trouble's big sis gave us traditional colored kids, I am expecting Trouble to give us the same. BUT I'd sure LOVE it if she had a red doeling!
    Sweetheart I am thinking could possibly give us another traditional colored kid, and as big as she is for her frame, i hope she definitely has twins in there, because her last buckling was big and she had a time getting him out.

Sweetheart and Trouble look more sunken in around the hips, and Sweetheart's ligs are really low - reminds me of her last pregnancy, they were low for a long time <and I didnt' have a due date for her so I was ready to pull my hair out LOL>. her udder has filled more, and she's getting more detail on that split between each side, it's noticable today. So exciting to see this change :)

Trouble is just so not the same, she doesn't want to be around the other goats, she wants to be off by herself and not fuss with them at all. She sleeps by herself. I think if she takes to being a mommy she's going to be sooo happy to have a friend again <Ithma abandoned her when she kidded>.

I'm going to start stalling the girls seperately this coming weekend, so they can get into a routine, and I'm sure they will all appreciate some space and not having to fuss with the other goats for hay and feed :)

20. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well I am glad everything is going well with your girls. I hope you get lots of happy healthy babies. My doe due on the 14th isn't looking to promising. She has no udder at all and her vulva is not dialating at all. She is the one I had ultrasounded back in December and he said she had viable kids but it sure isn't looking that way. I am really getting tired of having all these does and a buck around and then still having to buy kids for the fair. If everyone doesn't get bred for January/ February kids next year then I think I am just going to sell everyone and just buy kids each year.