February Girls - Snow White in labor!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by HoosierShadow, Dec 9, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: February Girls - 3 Weeks to go!

Aww Roger I am so sorry. I hope and pray she is definitely pregnant. I know you have a young buck, maybe he just needs a little more time to get his game on if he didn't get her pregnant?
    I wish I had some great advice on what you should do, but I totally understand you not wanting to keep them around if they aren't helping pay for their upkeep <by giving you kids when you need them!>. But I hope it sure works out and you can hopefully give it another chance for next year kidding.
    I know the frustrations though, one of our does was due on Christmas and aborted a month before. Not sure if she's pregnant or not now <she'd be due at the end of April>.

Well...I decided to start stalling Sweetheart and Trouble together tonight. They just seem so miserable - sweetheart has a bigger belly than she did before, poor girl! And Trouble....well she's my baby, and she just doesn't want anything to do with the other goats, she just seems soooooo fragile right now <mentally>, so I am pampering her :) Funny .... these two used to not like each other and Trouble would bully her, but now she doesn't really bully Sweetheart. They seemed very content together...pregnancy hormones must be duds for them....LOL :laugh:

2. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well two weeks to go! Can you tell I am getting soooooo anxious? I think that might be obvious through this entire thread :laugh:

Well I tried to get some pics of the girls today, but it was cold and after checking them and showing my daughter how to check them <udder growth, feel for baby movement, discharge, etc.> I did try to get some pics.

Sweetheart may be the one to watch. She's losing her plug - mucus on her vulva and on her tail, more sunk in around the tail head and ligs are really low. Udder is hard to see but it's slowly filling and feels so much more firm/heavy - a good 2 handfulls now. I'm going to trim the hair around her udder and tail probably tomorrow.

This evening I did my usual 'bedtime' routine, rubbing them, feeling bellies, and OMG it was so cool to feel Sweetheart's belly! A light hand on the side and you could feel body parts LOL I had never felt them with so much detail before! I could feel the feet, it felt like it was squished up against her side, which I am hoping means she has TWINS! because if she doesn't then I am scared she has a big monster in there LOL!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For fun...here's one from her last pregnancy 2 weeks before she kidded
    [​IMG]

Trouble is doing about the same. I am sure she has a single kid, or she's hiding one somewhere else cause she's not very wide. Her udder is filling a little more, but otherwise she's in such a 'fragile' state of mind, and just doesn't want to be around the other goats, she'd just rather stand back and watch <except when grain is involved LOL>.

She's standing downhill....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't get anything good of Snow White, but her udder is growing, and her belly looks like it might be getting about the same as her first pregnancy which could mean twins, guess we'll see!

3. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

Getting close! It's funny that we are here together again waiting on our girls to have babies. :laugh: We've both just complicated things and added more girls to the mix this year! BTW, I love your red girl. She's very nice and hopefully you'll get some reds or paints from her!

4. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks! Trouble is a yearling, and she's my Tomboy, and spoiled baby :)
    Her big sis just kidded last month and gave us a nice doe and buck, she's red but the kids look like their sire - traditionals. I'd LOVE a red from Trouble, but would be neat to have a paint too! Our buck is known for throwing paints, so we'll see what happens :wink:

And yep, here we are doing the waiting game again! :laugh:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

They're looking great!!

6. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: February Girls - 2 weeks to go!

I haven't spent much time with the girls the past 2 days - been sick with a sinus infection :( I do check them each morning/evening and today Trouble looks really different now IMO. Hollow under her backbone near the hips, her tail kinda hangs to the side more, but ligs are still there and udder isn't full. She walks a little 'off' on the backend, like she's stiff.

Sweetheart looks bloated....LOL Poor girl! Her ligs are definitely getting soft, more mucus dried on her vulva, and when I felt the ligs, they kind of wiggled front/back a little with a clicking feeling if that makes sense? This is something new as her ligs were really tight, just low. Udder is developing nice for her at this point.

Snow White has the largest udder of the 3. Her ligs felt low but noticable. She's the one I am not sure when she is really due, either a few days before the others or a few days after --- I am really thinking she's due in a week though....

I sure hope I get over this sinus infection soon I've been sooooo miserable since yesterday evening --- no energy. I'll get over it ;)

7. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Re: February Girls - due 2/22-2/25

Hope you feel better soon! Everybody has that here with this weather changing. At the rate you're going, all of your girls will deliver while mine continue to drive me to the loonely bin. :p

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

Sure hope you feel better soon! Best wishes with your kidding!

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks! Last night was miserable, I had the congestion, so it felt like my head was gonna explode then a headache and a stomach ache thanks to the pounding headache! Just a yuck night! Now It's just the nasal congestion, dry throat and drowsiness. I'm determined though....tomorrow I need to get outside and fix the things my husband messed up GRRRRRR

10. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Ok, so here I go again, I probably have the most photographed 'butts' on the forum :laugh:
    I was feeling better today, beautiful weather, so I went out to trim the girls feet, trim a little hair around their tails, and took some pics while they were still tied up.

I can see and feel changes in them all so it's exciting.

Sweetheart - her ligs are much lower and feel really loose. They feel really 'squishy' if you run your fingers front/back over them.
    Udder is filling, but it's hard to tell because of all the hair on her udder, you can feel the change.
    I am pretty sure I felt a kid over her rumen, so I am continuing to hope for twins!
    [​IMG]

BTW...yes she has a lousy 'haircut' LOL I couldn't find my good scissors and her hair was so thick it was hard to cut with the scissors I used.

Poor girl was so uncomfy today....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trouble...
    She has really hollowed out around her hips. Her udder is firmer, but ligs are more noticable than Sweethearts.
    I think miserable explains Trouble...her and Sweetheart are so over this pregnancy stuff..
    The gunk on the tip of her tail in this pic is from the mucus plug discharge...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I FINALLY got pics of Snow White...usually she's' the easiest to get pics of...

Snow White and Trouble are our 'skinny' goats. We think it's the dairy in them...so Snow White has definitely put on a belly! Before I was thinking a single, but now I am starting to think she may have twins in there!
    [​IMG]

Her udder isn't as full as it was 10 days before her due date last year, but we aren't even sure when she is due, just sometime right before or after Sweetheart & Trouble
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking right now that Sweetheart will be the first to go with the way her ligs felt today and how she's coming along. Guess we'll see sometime soon! :)

11. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

Nice pictures! I think my "non goatie" neighbors must think I'm a pervert taking pictures of my girl's backsides and then checking their ligs nightly! :p I'm surprised I haven't been reported yet. I don't think I'll be taking backside pictures after this year, but it sure is nice to have a frame of reference for the following year!
    I can't wait to see your cute new babies! Now who is the little one in the picture with Snow White? Little chunk! :love:

12. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks! LOL! We have hay rolls blocking the view for the restaurant next to us, but hubby has moved some of them so now people can see..and I can just imagine their thoughts yesterday when I was out doing feet, checking ligs, cutting tail hairs and taking pics of their rear ends LOL Oh and it was a beautiful day so people WERE sitting on the patio!! HEHE!
    I love having the pics as reference, that's one reason I take them once a week. It's fun for my kids too, sometimes they can't really see the changes until I tell them to compare the pictures :)

The doe with Snow White is her July kid, Summer. She's the only one we kept out of those kiddings. She's our lil spoiled brat :) <I put up some pics of her in the photogenic section yesterday>. I'm hoping to be able to keep her with Snow White as much as I can and keep that bond between them. But we'll see..... Summer's sire is our boer buck, but she takes after mama 100%.

13. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I just went out to check on the girls, and let Trouble and Sweetheart out.

I am thinking we will have kids from her in the next couple of days/this weekend! I can't find her ligs, they were soft last night, but they are basically gone now, nothing but very soft mush that you can hardly make out....if that's them at all that I am feeling! Her tail is very flexible, and she looks a little sunken in right in front of the hips/below the backbone. Doesn't look to have dropped just yet, but I am wondering if she's in the transition.

Other girls are the same, although Trouble's ligs are getting lower.

Guess I am officially on Sweetheart watch now! Hopefully she doesn't keep me in suspense for too long.

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: February Girls - Sweetheart's ligs are gone!

Babies real soon.... Happy Kidding... :thumb:

15. Re: February Girls - Sweetheart's ligs are gone!

:leap: Kiddo's soon!!! Good luck!

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well, after feeling her at least 20x today LOL this afternoon I could feel mushy ligs up near the top by the tailbone. But you can barely feel them, they kind of blend in with everything else if that makes sense. She's been laying around a lot, and just acting...slow. Her belly has dropped, and instead of feeling feet on the side of her belly I feel what might be a butt...LOL
    She's so miserable, I hope she decides not to wait too long! COME ON FULL MOON DO YOUR THING LOL

17. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

:ROFL: I about wet myself when I got the visual! Sounds like you will be having babies soon and can't wait for pictures! Send some of that full moon magic this way.

18. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Hope she doesn't hold them in much longer

19. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Stacey! I'm sure she'll do her part at trying to stick to the doe code LOL But she was our first goat to kid last summer, so maybe she will be the exception!

Aimee- LOL!!!! A lot of the folks that eat next door are big horse farm people in the area. One of the previous state governor's eats there once in a while too! It's way out in the country away from the towns, but in the heart of horse country, and such a popular old time burger joint <they've been featured on one of the shows on food network!>. So just imagine those rich folks lookin over and seeing what I was doing, hehe!!!

Well I am still thinking in a couple of days for Sweetheart. She spends a lot of her time laying around grunting and groaning. I told the kids to pray for on the full moon to work it's magic on her LOL
    I'll start nightly checks tonight, so I guess I am officially on Sweetheart watch. It's fun though, and I am in no rush, I just don't want all the girls kidding at the same time! I have one large stall that I'd like to kid them in, and move them to the smaller stalls. The smaller stalls are fine, but the big one is so much more comfy.

20. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: February Girls - Sweetheart & Trouble are getting close

All is quiet this morning with the girls. But Trouble has had some big changes! I went out to check on them this morning before turning them out. It was still dark out so I had to use a flashlight.
    Trouble's ligs are very soft and mushy and feel like they are spreading out and no longer have a pencil feel to them.
    Also her vulva is VERY swollen, and looked real pink in the flashlight's light. Her udder is really filling nice for a young FF IMO. It doesn't look very big, but feels big.

What does this mean? Well it means that her and Sweetheart are almost alike now! Sweetheart - you can only feel a slight mushy lig on one side of her tailbone. It's just barely there, can't find anything on the other side..... Sweetheart has definitely dropped some, and both girls were reluctant to leave the stall this morning.

Oh, and this morning when Sweetheart was laying down you could see her vulva opening up...

Exciting changes! But now I just hope both girls don't go at the same time! They were bred the same day and within the same hour or two --- my kids had them out in the woods after school and witnessed both of them being bred....heh.