February Girls - Snow White in labor!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by HoosierShadow, Dec 9, 2010.

1. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Re: February Girls - Sweetheart & Trouble are getting close

Congrats I am so excited to see what they have. I just got a little bottle doeling to keep me occupied until my girls go at the end of march. I just hope for a little color from your girls it would be soo neat. O by the way I am super jealous of your weather we were down in Louisville wed and it was 71 by the time we got home it was 52. almost 20 degrees in 4 hours difference.

2. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Roger! I love your lil bottle baby she is precious! I'd love to have a doeling with her color!
    The weather here has been so nice I have been trying to figure out how we'll pay for it though! The forecast next week is all over the place though, a day in the upper 40s, then 60s, then 50s, then 30s, then back up in the 50s, etc. Then we have a day we'll get up to freezing. I want the weather to stay like it is.

I think the girls may end up waiting until closer to their due dates now. Even though Sweethearts ligs are basically gone, I just don't know....maybe she'll surprise us. Snow White is definitely not ready, ligs are hard and tight.
    Trouble's pouch is really swollen, her udder is firming up, but other than that no signs screaming at me to be too alarmed.

I don't mind waiting though, because after these girls go, we'll only have one more kidding at the end of April.

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

It stinks you wait so long for them to kid and you can't wait for it to happen then once it does you are ready for more but you have to wait a whole year. O well they kids are fun while they last. Good luck I hope its a nice day when they do finally go.

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Re: February Girls - due 2/22-2/25

I understand! I'm sure my neighbors think the same thing! I have been lifting my girls tails every morning to see if their back end looks like any of the breedings took.

5. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Hehe....just wait. I am heading out now to check everyone, and the restaurant next door is already getting busy since it's Saturday....Maybe I'll take the camera out just for the fun of it and stalk behind the girls to make a scene? LOL Ok just kidding!

6. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Oh, yes do take the camera. I love your pics and want to see how the girls are looking :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:laugh: Pics... oh yes... :hi5:

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well...no pics today, but the restaurant was packed and I couldn't resist the rear end/udder checks...They will be busy again tomorrow...I'll make sure to take the camera out at lunch time......LOL!!!!

I actually spent the day making temporary kidding stalls. Our barn isn't finished, and everything inside is temporary --- we plan to add onto the barn this summer, so we won't do any permanent stalls until we get the addition made. So for now...our barn is kinda at a standstill, but it won't be long before we get it finished up :)

The only changes right now is when Sweetheart and Trouble lay down you can really see their pooches sticking out and opening. They spend a good part of the day laying around, and look so uncomfortable when they do lay down.
    I really thought with all the sudden changes in Sweetheart that she might kid this weekend! But now I think she'll wait closer to her due date unless she starts progressing again. Ligs are still gone except for a tiny little spot up near her tail thats real mushy.

Soooo....the waiting game continues, but I don't mind. I just don't want the girls kidding without me there, especially Sweetheart and Trouble. Sweetheart had such a big buckling last time, and needed help getting him out <one leg out one tucked under and she needed help getting his shoulders out>.
    This is Trouble's first, so no telling what will happen with her? Or how she'll react to having a baby.

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Won't be long now! Sending good healthy kidding vibes your way :hug:

10. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Liz I appreciate it! I just went out to check on everyone for the night. Sweetheart sleeps between a hay roll that is surrounded by pallets and the barn...I always know where she will be. Ithma's 6 week old twins were curled up next to her, it was really cute :)
    Trouble was back in the barn addition sleeping by herself, and Snow White and her daughter were sleeping in the back stall...All spread out, silly girls.

Sweetheart is playing games with me again I suspect, because on my way back out of the pen she was standing so I checked her ligs, and felt nothing...I felt them again...nothing...and again...nothing! Now watch I'll go out again early in the morning and they will have a hint of presence. hehe....

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Take your time... if you are to busy...we can wait a bit longer...no problem.... :wink:

12. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Pam :) I was just being silly since the restaurant next door is a prestigous kind of place, hehe!
    I want to get some pics of my kids with the goat kids later, so I'll probably harrass the girls...or stalk them.
    Sweetheart has more discharge when I went to check on her a few minutes ago, udder feels a little more firm and those darned ligs just aren't anywhere to be found...but I am sure when I go out again and check they will magically reappear LOL!!
    No change in Trouble that I noticed. These two are on day 145 so they still have until Friday before they reach their due date.

13. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well I started to post but for some reason the pics I had added didn't work...trying it again :)

The girls are on day 146 today, so they still have until the end of the week before their due date.

Couldn't find Sweethearts ligs today, and Trouble's are sooo low...
    Trouble's udder feels firmer as well.
    Otherwise no real signs to get me alert yet :)

Today...

Sweetheart
    [​IMG]

in her favorite hiding spot
    [​IMG]

She's starting to open up more
    [​IMG]

There really is udder under all that hair LOL
    [​IMG]

Trouble

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I know her rear end is icky - especially since her pooch is sooo swollen! I was barely holding her tail. She's really swollen, poor baby!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for fun...here's a pre preggo pic...
    [​IMG]

This was taken at the end of May right after we got her. She's a very slender girl. She's my 'tomboy' and she's been very 'clingy' lately. She follows me everywhere and if she isn't, then she is somewhere that she can keep an eye on me LOL I just love her :wink:

And then....there is................the............Queen.

Snow White. No changes with her, ligs felt a tiny bit looser today but nothing to get me excited yet.
    [​IMG]

My 4yo daughter was in the stall with the twins while they finished up their grain, and Snow White was waiting for her...she adores my daughter :)
    [​IMG]

Does she look amused? :laugh: Actually she loves attention, and is very affectionate, pregnant or not. But lately she follows me around rubbing all over me, sure makes me feel like I am doing something right! :thumb:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's my update for now :)

Oh and for what it's worth, they can kid anytime after tomorrow...please girls not tomorrow or tomorrow night! We've been mild, and tonight it turned cold again and tomorrow/tomorrow night will be cold as well...After that is fine...so please girls...wait...what's another 36-48 hours? LOL

14. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Re: February Girls - Day 146 pics :)

Exciting! It wont be long now until you have babies bouncing all over the place!

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks! Yep can't wait! My kids are soooooooooooo excited! My 4yo daughter is so comical....she has a zillion stuffed animal dogs and horses that's all she likes to play with, and she carries 2-4 of them with her EVERYWHERE she goes.

Now she's checking their butts - ligs - udders and teaching the baby doggies and horsies how to nurse.....The other night I was doing something, she said 'look mommy!' I turned around and she had like 5-6 big stuffed animals all standing up with kids at the 'teat' area....LOL!!!!!!!

As for the girls...today... Trouble didn't want to come out of her stall this morning, so I left her in until noon, and finally convinced her to come out. Her udder is MUCH fuller. I am really happy with how her udder has developed, IMO it's really nice for her, and I can't wait to see how nice it is when she kids :) ----> plenty of milk for kids is what I am wanting. Her big sis has a great milk supply for her twins.
    Anyway... still a faint feel of ligs. I asked her not to kid today or tonight...wait until at least tomorrow when it starts to warm back up into the 50s for highs.

Sweetheart - no changes to speak of.

And Snow White...no changes either other than she's a real brat :) Trouble is really 'needy' right now, and Snow White isn't liking that one bit!

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well..... Trouble's udder is full! A HUGE change compared to this morning! And to the pics I just posted yesterday!

I took these with my daughters camera so they are a bit fuzzy as it was getting dark.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have her stalled tonight, and hoping she waits until tomorrow when it's warmer. It's supposed to be in the mid 20s tonight and only got up to the upper 30s today.. Tomorrow will be in the 50s....

I'll be checking on her off and on through the night. So exciting! But I seriously thought Sweetheart might go before her....guess I might be wrong on that.

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: February Girls - Trouble's udder has filled! Getting cl

Babies very soon :leap: She has definately filled!! Not posty just yet but I bet she waits til it's warmer...unlike my girls :wink:

18. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Good luck I can't wait to see what she gives you. I bet she doesn't make it till Friday but what do I know I thought Athena was in labor for like 2 weeks.

19. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

Wow! Look at that limp noodle tail she has! Does she still have her ligs? Very exciting! :thumb:

20. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Woohooo, I hope she waits for you and on the weather. Exciting though and yes she has def filled, keep watch can't wait to hear of some babies and see pics.