February Girls - Snow White in labor!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by HoosierShadow, Dec 9, 2010.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: February Girls - Trouble's udder has filled! Getting cl

:laugh:

Your Does are coming along nicely..... and are getting super close.... :hug:

2. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks everyone! I think she may be in early 'early' labor. YIPPIE!!! But I hope this means she'll kid during the day tomorrow!
    I couldn't find any signs of ligs! She got up and ate some alfalfa hay I offered her, but went right back over to her 'spot' to lay down. She did a lot of grunting off and on for the time I was out there <about an hour>, and acted uncomfortable. She was stretching a bit when she was up, and her legs look kinda posty, definitely a change there even if it's just a slight one.
    I also think she's starting to get the urge to push the kids into place, as she did a couple of stretches that brought her up to her knees, but it was very sporadic. I could be wrong and she may just be uncomfy...but guess we'll find out soon enough :)

She's my brat :) I hope everything goes smoothly for her, and no complications.

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Just so you know if she is ever toooo much of a brat for you I am only like 5 hours away I will come and get her. And just so she has company I will get Ithma also. LOL good luck and I hope she has them during the day so you can get some sleep.

4. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

:leap: Exciting! I hope she has some red babies for you! Also hope she holds off at least until tomorrow so you can get some rest and it will warm up a bit. You need to move down here!

5. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well... I think I am getting hope'less' at the idea of her waiting...but we'll see! She's officially in labor or I am gonna pull my hair out for sure LOL She's stretching, up and down, stands with her head in the corner, very uncomfortable and chewing cud like crazy! She's REALLY sunk in now. No noticable discharge. My last 2 does didn't have discharge/stringy discharge until they started pushing... she did have some a few hours ago.
    I'm tired, but afraid to go to sleep as I don't know how close she is.

6. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Re: February Girls - Trouble is in labor!

She didn't wait. She kidded at 5am on the dot! :kidblue: and then about 10-15 minutes later :kidred: . It took Trouble a few minutes to figure things out ---after she kidded her doeling. Then she was all about figuring them out.
    They are both solid red and look like mama :)

However, the buckling isn't doing so well, he's real weak. I worked on him and worked on him, but he just wouldn't get up to nurse and I think he just got too cold? It was 25 out. I did have the heat lamp going as well.

We brought him in and syringe fed him colostrum. He did get quite a bit from a 12oz syringe and some from another one. His temp was around 101.0 when we fed him. He found his legs but is really shaky, but I think he's going to be okay?

We did give him selenium e gel after getting some colostrum in him.
    He's still shivering, but temp is good, and he's wrapped up in a towel. It's supposed to get up to 52 today, so hopefully when he's ready to find food, I can take him out to mama.

Doeling seems to be doing fine, and got up to nurse. Trouble still seems a little confused about the nursing thing, so I'll go out through the day every hour and a half to two hours and make sure the doeling is nursing. I put a sweater on her, she was shivering a bit, but she's seemed just fine.

Now I hope and pray my other 2 girls give me a break today....no sleep, and worried about my precious lil man....they are just too cute. My daughter used her camera to get pics, and when I get a chance I'll get some fluffy pics.

7. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Woot woot Red twins that is awesome! Sorry bout your little boy though, maybe a little nutri drench would help boost him a little. Wish you were closer I'de just send you some colostrum from Yvonne, she's filling my freezer up with the stuff.

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks! The only thing I don't have is nutri drench! I was going to get some at TSC the last time I was there and they were sold out, along with many other things :( I'm going to call the feed store and see if they have any.

We're getting colostrum in him, and he's more active, calling for mama now and wanting to nurse. Just waiting for it to warm up a little more so I can try him on mama. She is doing great with the doeling. The doeling is so tiny compared to our last set of twins! But she's already getting fiesty :)

9. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Re: February Girls - Trouble kidded!

:leap: :cool: Red twins! How awesome is that!! Trouble is a keeper for sure. Poor little boy, coming from out of the oven into a 25 degree freezer. Burrrr! It sounds like you got him nice and warm with a full belly and with the warmer weather coming, hopefully it will all work out just fine. Can't wait to see pictures!

10. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Yay congrates on the red twins I am at work so I will write more when I get off but congrats on the babies

11. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Congrats, glad she didn't make you wait to long. Sorry that the boy isn't as strong yet I'm sure he'll come around for you, one of ours born Friday was like that til it found its legs, now they are up bouncing around! Good Luck with him.

12. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks :) The little buckling is doing much better. These kids are very small compared to Ithma's kids. The doeling is like a teacup boer/nubian LOL She is doing fine, but I'll check on her constantly today - mama was laying on her a bit when I went into the stall to get more colostrum a short bit ago. She just didn't know any better. The doelings back legs are really awkward, but I am sure it'll straighten out as she gets stronger.

Little man is up walking around, wagging his tail and checking my 4yo for a teat LOL He's talking more, looking for mama. It's warming up - already 32 outside, so I'll take him out to mama in a few minutes and see how he does. He really needs to nurse from her and he wants to nurse.

I told Sweetheart and Snow White they better keep their kids in today...or I'll put a cork in their butts to keep them put until I manage some sleep....LOL Thankfully neither look like they'll go soon...or so I hope.

13. Re: February Girls - Trouble kidded!

So happy for you and trouble :wahoo:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

congrats on the kiddos!

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks! I took him out and got him nursing, but he still isn't good on his feet, and can't get up in the hay - he flails his legs and gets so upset. I held him up to the teat a few different times while cleaning out the stall and checking the other girls. No way he can stay out there, so he's sleeping on the floor next to me.

I notice their back legs are weaker than our past kids, and are bent outwards from the knee down. Could this be a selenium deficiency issue? We treated him with the gel and I'll treat the doeling when I go back out. Our 7 week old buckling we suspected to be selenium deficient a few weeks ago and after I gave him selenium tablet/vit e gel cap he was fine.

The doeling is soooo tiny, she's just too cute with a pudge face, hehe....The buckling is adorable, he's real long and narrow and has long legs - he's much bigger than the doe.

He's sleeping, and I've been up for over 24 hours...think I'll take a nap!

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

It's been a long day...whew! The little doeling is doing good, but still needs help with finding the teat. Trouble is doing so much better standing still, but I still have to encourage her to stand and let the kids nurse.
    The buckling is out with them now. I took him out and got him standing to nurse. He seems to be getting stronger, and since it's almost 50 out I figured he'd be okay for a little while so he can bond with mama and his twin.

I am guessing the doe is about 5-6lbs. She's tiny compared to the other kids we've had. I am guessing the buckling to be 6lbs. He has a looong body and loooong legs! They are good sized kids for Trouble as she's not a great big girl herself.

Sweetheart has more discharge today, udder is a little more full, but I think she's gonna wait.

We're expecting a lot of rain tomorrow/tomorrow night, so I bet she's gonna wait until it's raining and miserable! BUT, at least it won't be bitterly cold!

Okay...time for hubby to get up, and maybe I can get a couple hours of sleep. Been working on the buckling all day, and I am exhausted.

Sorry to ramble :)

17. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Woo Hoo! A HUGE congrats on RED kids! I can't wait see pics. :greengrin: :leap:

It is great to hear that Trouble's little buckling is doing better and that she is being a good momma. :cool:

Tracy

18. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks so much Tracy! He really had me worried this morning. It was a lot of work getting him going, and I am just so thankful he's improving. I'm going to post a few pics in birth announcements in just a few minutes when they finish uploading.

Well.... I think Sweetheart will be ready to go either tomorrow or on her due date - Friday-.
    She had a LOT of mucus this evening, her tail area has sunken in more, and the ligs I could never find? I can feel the very tops now since she sunk in more. I put her in another stall for tonight. Originally I wanted the big stall for kidding, but looks like I'll keep Trouble and her kids in there. I am guessing Sweetheart will have twins, so I want a larger stall for her to kid in, but I have a backup plan...whew!

Sweetheart around 6pm this evening...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am thinking this weekend at the earliest for Snow White unless there are drastic changes in her ligs. Her udder is starting to fill in more.
    [​IMG]

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Congratulations!!!! And I do think Sweetheart will go tomorrow...that udder filled fast!

20. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Me and my daughter went out to check on Trouble and her twins. They are doing good.

Went to check Sweetheart and something told me stop. Observe.

She kidded!

More details to come as soon as I come back in. Kids are both great, and VERY NOISY LOL 1 doe and 1 buck!

SO we are at.... 3 does and 3 bucks! I want to make sure they nurse a little more before I come back in.

SNow White looks uncomfy now. I told her I WOULD put that cork in there....she might be the queen, but I am the boss...LOL