February Girls - Snow White in labor!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by HoosierShadow, Dec 9, 2010.

1. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Re: February Girls - Trouble kidded!

wow You sure are having an Ashley kind of day. Except I think someone said her day was 3 in like 30 minutes. Atleast you got a nap in there. Sorry you didn't get to see the birth but thankfully everything went well. I can't wait for pictures of all of them.

2. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

:slapfloor:

Can't wait for pics of troubles and sweetheats, get some sleep first though. :ZZZ:

3. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Well maybe now that everyone else is getting kids mine will decide to kid? I can dream after waiting since October I think they are going to hold out forever.

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

OMG what a day LOL

Sorry I didn't mean to sound so confusing in my last post, I did catch Sweetheart kidding WHEW! I meant to word it differently, was just in a rush - came in to put a baby sweater in the dryer for a few minutes as it was still a little damp from when I washed it.

Sweetheart kidded just fine, I'm eventually trying to get around to posting in the birth announcement section. Can't sleep yet, waiting for the washer to finish washing some stuff I need, grabbing a bite to eat and then checking on the kids again in a short bit.

And of course....

Snow White has decided she doesn't need ligs anymore...so they are going bye bye....thinking maybe tomorrow...I guess she was getting jealous of all the extra goodies the moms with kids are getting and she wants her share....LOL

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: February Girls - Trouble and Sweetheart kidded!

congrats :D so glad things went very well for Sweetheart and you :)

6. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Stacey! Mama and kids are doing great! Sweetheart is a wonderful mama, I am soo soo proud of her :)

Snow White's ligs are gone, udder feels full, but not strutted. I think she wasn't strutted last time until she started active labor. Going to sleep for an hour or two and go out and check on her. She gave no real indication of labor last time except for ligs and udder. Warning would be nice though!

7. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Well.... Snow White is in labor! She's getting the kids in position. Just came in to eat a bite, get my stuff, and get my daughter ready so she can come out and help -- she's 4yo and Snow White is her buddy :)
    Snow White's doe from last summer isn't happy that she can't be in with her mama. I was going to see if it would work out - her stay with mama and help with the kids. But, decided not to. I 'might' let her come in with us when her mama has the kids and see how she reacts? And let her come in to visit with mama after that if you all think that would be a good idea? I don't want mama to be defensive against her, but I can't leave her with mama otherwise she'll eat up all the extras that we give mama - that a non nursing/non preggo doesn't need.

8. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Wow!!!!! I missed all of the excitement again! Congratulations on your new set of twins! :stars: And now Snow White, too...anything yet? Can't wait to see all of your baby pics! (Nothing here for us yet).

9. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    Woo hooo Congrat's Can't wait to see picture's! glad the twins are good and hoping snow white's goes just as well!

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hope that Snow White follows suit and has a healthy text book delivery....can't wait to hear how many and what/

11. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks everyone! I greatly appreciate it!

Snow White kidded around 4:10pm! Everything went great! I'll post in birth announcements in just a few minutes, getting ready to upload pics from my daughters camera.

12. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

WOW they really didn't want to give you a break at all. Your buck was busy. LOL

13. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    that's for sure! You know....this whole 'breeding' thing for these girls started when I was working the World Equestrian Games at the end of Sept! I remember being in the main arena during one of the Dressage tests and my kids calling me to tell me that he bred Sweetheart and Trouble LOL Then one day I came home from the Games to find Snow White running from the buck - I knew she was in heat because he never harrasses the girls otherwise. I tried to seperate her hoping he hadn't gotten her, but...he did! I wanted her bred, I was just wanting to give her a break and kid in April. She's happy and healthy, and I am happy for her :)

I was hoping to get some sleep, but don't think it's gonna happen for a couple more hours. Weather might get ugly tonight with thunderstorms. We're already under a flash flood watch, and there are tornado watches south/southwest of us. I'd rather have SNOW!!!! I don't mind thunderstorms, but I admit I am terrified of tornadoes!

14. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Woo Hoo!!! Congrats on all the kids!. :stars: Lol, your girls have kept you busy.

Off to check the new arrivals page for pics. :greengrin:

Tracy

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats.... :clap: :cool: :thumb:

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks so much! I am sooooo in love with all of them! Snow White's twins are the strongest! I wonder if them having a kiko mama has anything to do with it? :) I'm so excited that she has given us a variety in her 2 kiddings! First set looked like her and 2nd like boer, and she had the doelings first followed by bucks! Her buck is much nicer looking this time though, he's a big boy!

Trouble's twins are doing soooo good now, very strong. She does have more to learn about being a mama, but she's young, and she's really restless being stuck in the stall. Tomorrow I'll bring each mama and set of twins out into the back yard for a while so the girls can get a break from being cooped up.