The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My darling saanen Cloud has whiteish eyelids.

I've de-wormed her with all the normal wormers.

I'm going to take in a fecal sample.

I have a couple questions.

1. what should I ask for when running the fecal?

2. if nothing comes back in the fecal, what should I do?

She's under weight (feeding two babies but still skinny for that) and her gums, eye lids are WHITE.

I've given her: Valbazen and Ivermectin.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
How many doses did you give her? Deworming usually takes 2 times spaced about 14 days apart - one to get the worms, and the other to kill the newly hatched eggs.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Also if you have killed off the worms it will take time to recondition her ,what are you feeding ,quality hay and grain ,minerals

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
what about copper and iron? I have pale goats, and someone suggested I get some iron in them to help. I don't have much copper options here though.....

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
If the fecal comes back clear, after it's been at least 10 days from the last dose of wormer then I'd get her slowly adjusted to an increase with feed... I feed dry beet pulp shreds as well as alfalfa pellets here to does who are heavy in milk... along with the "rule" of a cup of feed for the doe and a cup for each pint she's giving.
A good mineral that has a minimum of 1500ppm of copper should suffice but also having too much iron in the soil and water can inhibit the absorption of nutrients, especially copper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts