The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Premium Member
28,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought feed and now with tax it is over 12.00 for a 50lb bag!!

I don't know what I am going to do! Goodness gracious!

It is a good thing I feed fastrack to them, it certainly cuts down on the amount of feed I go through but wow I can't believe that it went up over a dollar! :evil:

It is so hard to find feed around here and now my favorite feed is so expensive. I just have to suck it up I guess. :(

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Prices on everything livestock seem to be rising. I now use a horse feed by platform for mare and foal. I like it cause it has a high copper, zinc and selenium amounts and is a fixed formula with the exact ingredents on the label. It also has alfalfa as the 3rd ingredent. the only bad thing is it cost $15 bucks per 50 lbs. But our goat feed here now is $11 bucks per 50 and has a byproduct tag so I think the extra is worth it.

· Premium Member
28,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may have to look into a horse feed if the prices keep going up. It is so sad! I mean how can we keep doing this if it keeps going up.

I got a raise the other day and it is like wow great! but then this! argh!

· Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,033 Posts
That is outrageous Stacey. I have begun to mix my own feed. I use 12% horse sweet grain with very little molasses and I added 16% goat pellets and then I added BOSS. They seem to be doing very well on it. My horse grain was $7.95 a bag, sunflower seeds were $20.00 and they goat pellets were $8.75. All were 50 lb bags and my cousin helps out with feed so I didn't have to buy that much.

· Registered
4,193 Posts
We have around 70 goats right now, permanent numbers are 40, plus we have a pasture poultry business which is why we need a feed house.
We have boer for meat goats, percentages and fullbloods, and for dairy goats we have mainly LaMancha, with a few Experimentals, Oberhaslis, Saanens, Grades and an Alpine. Plus some Hienz 57s. :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.