The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Yes, heat stress will do that. But since you haven't been milking, her supply will have started to decrease to match the demand of the baby. You can't turn that around until the demand is consistently there.
If you can't separate, then you can't. Just feed well and milk daily and see what you can do. Also, since kids normally start weaning at around 3 months, the natural rhythm of lactation will be to naturally decrease. Just feed her as well as you can and milk consistently and next lactation, try not to let the milking lapse. It'll be OK.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
What does this mean? Sorry lol!!
I mean the following. It helps production when this following doesn't happen.
I had to stop around the 4th of July to go to a wedding in Arizona, because i cant find anyone who will milk for me when I am gone. I am still not milking her because of another family trip we were supposed to take, but never did. I am planning to start milking her
For approximately a month and a half, she's only nursed, not been milked as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
"1 tsp of kelp meal in her feed once/day (I don't give it free choice because it is $$$ and nobody likes it) 1 x / day"

We were watching a Jerry Brunetti DVD recently in which he said that animals will eat kelp more readily in the colder months. Kelp does indeed cost a few dollars but then so do vets and kelp helps keep the immune system in good shape. If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, kelp a day should keep the vet away !!

camooweal

21 - 27 of 27 Posts