The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my goats on Tucker Milling non-gmo feed and they loved it but my milk production was a bit low. I was concerned about the protein as it' s only 14% so i was adding calf manna therefore cancelling out the non-gmo plus it wasn't always fresh or kept in stock! So I switched to Co-op brand goat 16% milk enhancer and regular dairy 16% and my goats just don't like either one. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do add timothy/ alfalfa pellets and BOSS as well. Sorry forgot to mention those. oops But again I am trying to find a readily available feed, the tucker milling isn't always available or fresh

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
A month or two ago, I switched my main 2 milking does to a mix of feed from TSC (I mixed it myself).

• 2/5 Purina Goat Chow Goat Feed
• 1/5 DuMor Goat Feed (pelleted)
• 1/5 alfalfa pellets
• 1/5 rolled oats

Both does doubled their milk production and also put on some weight once they were on it. They don’t like alfalfa pellets very much, so I also gave them a flake of hay at night to share. My goat kids are doing well on this feed too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.