The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, been busy and haven't been on in a while. The feed options in my area are not worth a toot. What is going to be my best options for feed for my goats ? They offer, corn chops,sweet feed,med/goat pellets, I get so confused when it comes to good and bad choices in feed. I was giving them scratch and then ya'll said that was bad.....so I need your advice again.

The one little blk/wht female I got several months ago is still so tiny is there a chance she could be mixed mini or dwarf or some other type ??? If not what can I give her to boost her up. I had to put her in a pen by herself because the other 4 pick on her and don't let her eat much. Here is her pic again...Thanks again for all ya'll helpful advice. Oh yeah I do offer my goats min and baking soda. She is the little black and white one in the pictures.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Bagged COB is cracked corn, oat and barley whole grains. Wet COB is coated in mollasis and dry COB is just that dry grains. If you are new to goats and don't have many I really suggest you go with a complete feed either for goats or horses.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
I suggest a sweet goat feed or a sweet horse feed. A goat pellet is also a good choice.

I do think your little girl maybe a nubian cross with a smaller breed - but can't say for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I do all mine dry. I never feed a sweet feed. Mine is Oats, Wheat, Milo and Barley and Boss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts