The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View media item 3725View media item 3723View media item 3727Hello just asking for feeding suggestions for our dear pet goats: I just wanna make sure I'm not givin to much or to little of anything. Start off by saying they are a seemingly happy and healthy herd, no concerns there! We have Spanish/Boar Goats-one billy,2 mamas and now 4 kids (2months old and 3wks old). I split up a couple 2qt scoops mix of Dumor Goat Feed and Alfalfa Pellets between them all to share. I also give each goat their daily Mana Pro Goat Balancer and they have a free choice Protein Pail. They are given hay daily and fresh water of course.
*I'm ordering some ManaPro Goat Mineral also: Do i need this or should the Balancer and Pail be efficient?

*Should I add or cut out anything? THANK YA'LL in advance

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
The goat balancer really isn't needed. The amount of feed you are giving isn't much but their main diet should be hay and grazing. Manna Pro is an ok mineral but there are better minerals out there like Sweetlix or Purina Wind and Rain.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The goat balancer really isn't needed. The amount of feed you are giving isn't much but their main diet should be hay and grazing. Manna Pro is an ok mineral but there are better minerals out there like Sweetlix or Purina Wind and Rain.
Ok good info thank you- I'll look into the minerals you have suggested. Tractor Supply is our main source of supply but I'm open to shopping around. I know the bulk of their feeding is hay and grazing so I think we are on the right track. I noticed this morning the scoops I give daily are actually 2-3 quarts not 1 like I thought . I give two scoops of goat feed plus two scoops of Alfalfa pellets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts