Feeling a bit bummed

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sparks879, Jan 8, 2009.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Well I took Mike to the airport this morning. He left for Germany, will be there for three months and then will head to Iraq...not looking foreward to that one. I know six months isnt that long and i have known this was coming for months, but i cried the whole way there and the whole way back. We stayed up almost all night last night watching movies and playing board games, had a BBQ with some friends ate some junk food. It was fun but seemed to go by way too fast. and now he is gone. I wont hear from him until tomorrow morning hopefully when he gets his email hooked up when he gets to the airforce base.
    Just feeling a little alone right now.
    beth

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    :hug:

I hope everything goes okay and don't forget we're all here for you. Six months IS a long time when its a separation from the one you love, but it will pass.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    :hug: :hug: You know that we are always here for you :hug: :hug:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    We are here for you :hug: And if you let us, we definately won't let you get lonely.

I pray for his safe return, the months will fly by and before you know it he'll be with you once again. :hug:

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Thanks guys, I sure hope they go by fast. It sure has been a bummer of a day. When i got back in the car i the first song i heard was letters from home by John Micheal Montgomery. I could of changed the station but i just couldnt. And then went i went to go feed the horses the first song that i heard was traveling soldier by the dixie chicks. Never have been a big fan of them but that one song i do like maybe because its sad. All i can say is i hope my soldier does come home. Im sure he will. I just get tired of turning around and another kid has come home in a box. babies never knowing their dad or mom for that matter. I have a close friend she has two little boys who are four and two this was the first year their dad was home for christmas. I know im not alone. So many others are in my situation...just doesnt seem to get anyeasier.
    thanks again
    beth

6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Oh Beth I am sure everything will be fine :hug: Anytime you need to just talk or vent we are all here for you :hug: :hug:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know it isn't easy...but yes ......we are here for you............ :hug:

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    We are all here for you, hopefully the next months fly by quickly. He'll be kept in my prayers. :hug:

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I'm so sad, that you are so sad :tears: I'll keep you and your loved one in my prayers. We are here for you, please keep us updated. My DIL has been to Afghanistan, and Iraq. She wasn't in combat, of course. But, we kept plugging along and now she's home. Do you have family close by?

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Mike is a hydrolics (sp?) mechanic, so he doesnt see combat thank god. he just fixes the things in the combat. Its just the roadside bombs and whatnot that he has to worry about.
    yes i do live very close to family and supportive frieds which helps tons. He also has internet over there and has promised to write every day as soon as he is able.
    beth

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Beth tell Michael thank you for me :flag:

And here is a :hug: for you