The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided Heidi's baby doeling has had enough milk, (she's 3 months old)and I need more...so today is the first day she has been separated all day...she has done ok, but is getting a little hoarse.She seems to calm down until she hears someone(me,kids,my mom,etc.) or her mom. Heidi has been doing well with it and has called for her only minimally....but I feel bad :( If I had another doe in milk I would let her stay on mom longer...although she is getting chubby.....:rolleyes:
So for now, her and Madeline (another doeling) are paired up....

Here's hoping it gets easier to do with experience...her sister was sold at 9 weeks so I didn't have to see/hear it....:eek:

On the other hand, I get to see how much milk I get tonight....:cool: I have a good friend who is not only allergic to gluten but has not been able to drink milk for a Loooonnng time. She tried the goats milk and she didn't get sick :D so i can't wait to give her more!

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Our dairy goats are sad to be away from each other whenever separated, but they eventually get used to it.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
One of my boys still wails a little about being separated, but it's all show, because when I check him later he's happily munching hay. :)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Here's hoping it gets easier to do with experience...her sister was sold at 9 weeks so I didn't have to see/hear it....:eek:
Take heart, it does get easier. :) I still feel bad for the kids - well, except for the drama queens/kings, anyway. Yes, weaning is much, much easier if they are not within hearing distance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts