Feeling kid movement

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Jan 9, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    On standard breed Dairy goats- at what gestation have you felt kids and KNOW for a fact that it is kids playing around?

How about on minis?

2. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I'm wanting to know the answer to that also.
    I have been checking the girls daily and still haven't felt anything and I felt enough kicks in the past to know what a baby kick feels like so I know Im not missing them. :shrug:

3. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I did a search to see if I could find an answer for that... The only thing I came up with is a Nubian breeders website. I was going to just copy and paste a little of the info but they have that blocked.... so here is the link:

http://jekuthiel.com/pggoats.html

They have a REALLY nice website! Anyways, the info they give is based on their own personal experience... so I don't know how accurate it is. I found ALOT of neat sites with TONS of info, so I will be posting those in a different thread soon :greengrin:

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I felt kids yesterday but Hope has just over a month to go.

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I haven't been able to feel kids until right before their udder starts coming in. Although I must say I haven't really tried to hard before then either.....

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    On my mini's it has been closer to the end of the 3rd month to about mid 4th month that I've felt movement.....usually if I flat palm them just in front of the udder and push gently upward, I'll feel a flutter then. On the big girls I don't know :shrug:

7. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have never been able to feel babies, so I checked out the website, then headed to the barn, the doe I have no idea if she is really bred or not this will be her 4th kidding I felt something almost think it was little feet :D
    the other 2 does out there though I felt nothing but hard bellies I do know I saw thebuck with them so time will tell

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sometimes the 3rd month but more like the beginning of the 4th month (especially in minis, standards seemed to be easier at around 3 months)

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I have felt large kicks about a month and a half before due date on my nigerians. A month before due date I actually SAW a big kick !!!!

10. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    With Whisper's twins (Saanen) last year, I felt kicks and stuff at about 4 months along. It was really funny, at one point I saw what looked like a fist stick itself out of the top right of her belly. If I put my hand on it and pushed, it would disappear. It was hilarious. I'm not sure what part of the baby it was :shrug:

11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I am not sure but I think I saw movement on our Mini-Nubians, Nubians, and Nigerians all at 2-3 weeks before kidding.