The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really looking for advice because I know it's just me being ridiculous, but I do need to vent because it's bothering me.

I've been friends with a married coupe who I'll call Ryan and Kate for 3 years. I've been boarding my horses at their farm this whole time. There are other boarders (several females and 1 guy) and we used to go riding together a lot and just hang out with the horses. Well in the past several months I have stopped being invited to ride with them. I don't know why. I won't even know they are going until I see photos on Facebook or I get to their farm and they are all leaving.
Ryan and Kate started having marriage problems this summer and I wound up adopting 2 of their dogs because Ryan was threatening divorce if Kate didn't find a home for them.
I got a text last Friday from Kate saying that Ryan cheated on her and they were getting a divorce and I needed to move my horses. I was planning on bringing my horses to my property anyway as soon as I get a fence up (it had been started before I knew they were divorcing). Kate is also going to be bringing her horses to my property to board as well as one of the other female boarders. I have been encouraging Kate and we've been texting and I'm just trying to help her in any way I can. She is my friend and she is also going to be a bridesmaid in my upcoming wedding.
Her husband was bad mouthing her on Facebook and I defended her, as well as 2 of the other female boarders. That resulted in us all being deleted as his friends, which doesn't bother me. He's a cheater and is saying that it's all Kate's fault. I don't need to be friends with someone like that.
I texted her yesterday asking how she was doing and she said she was okay and that she was going partying. Then I saw on Facebook that she was out with all of the other female boarders. And I feel left out and a bit used since I'm trying my best to help the situation by being supportive and letting all the horses stay at my place.
I'm being ridiculous, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts