Feeling stressed - Updated 6/10/09

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Epona142, May 28, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hey everyone

You may have noticed I haven't been posting as much, shame shame on me.

Well the reason is times are becoming very tough around here. We're in a toxic situation that is causing a lot of problems and even starting to damage of marriage. We have been trying very hard to develop some land we have, however, we've realized that this just isn't possible.

We started to look around for a place to rent, but have decided to have a go at buying a home. So now I'm trying to figure out everything possible to help us, we don't have a lot of money to put down on a house, and really don't have very good credit, or its nonexistent, really don't know.

We'll be finding out a lot of information here shortly, my dad is going to give us a hand sorting this outs.

Wish us luck, because if we fail . . . we will have to sell everything we worked so hard to get, including all of our livestock, and end up in an apartment.

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Re: Feeling stressed

I feel for you. I will pray that you can get everything sorted out in your favor.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

i will pray that things look up for you here quickly. And especialy for your marriage :pray:

4. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

I sure hope things work out for you :pray: Sending good thoughts your way :hug:

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Thinking of you and hope it all works out. :hug: for you and :grouphug: for your family as you make your way through this. Keep your chin up, as much as possible.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I sure will pray for you that it all works out. Just ask the lord to help guide you in the right direction. He will. Good Luck. :hug:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I will pray .......that it all ...works out for you...... :hug: :pray:

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all your support.

Monday I'll be talking with a loan agent, so I can find out if we'll even qualify to buy a home. Even with this being a buyer's market, luck doesn't really go our way.

There is another option, a tiny ranch house, though its a bit far from where husband works. It's for rent, so I'm talking with the owner. I still want to try to buy but . . .

Of course, we'll find out we're unable to buy only to turn around and find out the house has been rented out already.

That's the way things work with us. :sigh:

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

I'm sorry :hug: I will be praying for you and your little animals. :pray: Praying for the best

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

keep us informed

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

yes...... please do...... keep us updated............ :hug: :pray:

12. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Well tomorrow we'll know what our chances of getting a loan are. Wish us luck.

13. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Well...

So far we are unable to get a loan. We don't have bad credit, we simply have NO credit. You'd think that's be better than bad credit but ah well...

The loan officer/realtor is going to look into another option, otherwise its a no go. I was very upset, as you can imagine, but husband is determined to stick it out. He wants us to have a go at building credit and just tough out our situation for 6 months to a year more. He really is a great guy; he could insist that we move out now but he's willing to help make it work.

I'm looking for a second job, technically a third if you include my online job. If we can't get a loan, we'll probably buy a truck to build credit. We really need one anyways.

If worst comes to pass...a very good friend who lives in the area we want to move to will take Hope. I love all my goats, but Hope is VERY special and I would rather give her to them and know where she is, how she is, and be able to see her, than just sell her to anyone.

Let's continue to hope that something happens to prevent the worst.

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Feeling stressed - Updated

oh wow...........I am sorry it fell through.....but it sounds like your husband wants to make every attempt to get you both through it .....I will pray ...that is does work out for you... :pray: :hug:

May I ask about the online job...do you get paid good doing it and what do you have to do? If you don't want to say ....that is perfectly OK....I was trying to find a legit online job myself. or ..if you want to PM me about it you can. :wink: :)

15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

I will continue to pray for you. :pray:

16. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Thanks for the support.

Toth, I will send you a PM. I looked for an online job for a LONG time that was legit! I finally stumbled across this one on a chicken forum, so it would be unfair of me not to share. :)

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Epona142....thank you .....got your PM and I really appreciate it..... :wink: :greengrin: :hug:

18. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Well, there's been a bit of progress.

We're going to look at a house on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be something acceptable. However, we still need to raise more money for a down payment.

I may sell Snowflake. She's snotty and I don't really like her much.

I'll update again when I know more.

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Feeling stressed - Updated 6/4/09

that sounds like good news on the house .. :thumbup: ..I will pray ...that it works out and you can get it....... :hug: :pray:

20. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Re: Feeling stressed - Updated 6/4/09

My continued prayers and hope that the house is just what you want. :pray: