Fellowship Farms Crystal and babies

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by RowdyKidz, Apr 25, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I sadly lost a very special doe, Crystal. I am pretty sure her heart gave out. She wasn't in labor or anything. Just sort of died.

We tried our best to get the kids out and save them. But by that time it was too late. We almost saved one, the one that would've been last born. Triplets. All three were girls. And one of each. A light caramel, black agouti, and a brown agouti. Almost saved the little brown one. It was a disappointment to loose these four does, especially Crystal. I am working to see what I can find out about what happened to her and be sure that it was a lesson well learned and that she didn't die in vain. The kids were so big, she probably would have died giving birth to them anyway. They were all MASSIVE.

I can't help but want to cry. I still think it's my fault because I am the one who put her in with the buck to be bred. She was a proven kidder and this SHOULD NOT have happened. All the freak accidents happen to me! I am really sick of learning lessons at animals exspense. And in general. I almost want to give up.

Crystal was a sweet, shy girl that was moved around alot, and would have had a forever home with me. I promised she would never leave my farm. I felt I should name the babies. Even though we couldn't save them, they were her last babies.

Rest in peace Crystal. Take care of Lucky, Buster, and all the babies I've lost this week. I'll never forget you. You were very special. Take care of all you babies.

Crystal 5-8-04 -4-24-09.

( :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: )

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry you lost....Crystal and her babies...it is never easy....you can't blame yourself for her death........things happen beyond our control......Again...I am very sorry.. :( :hug:

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :tears: :hug:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so very sorry :hug:

5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    That is so heartbreaking to hear. I'm so sorry :hug:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my how terrible what a horrible thing to have to go through. :hug: Rule number one in raising goats: Learn to forgive yourself even when it is so hard to do! Many times we put the blame on ourselves and right or wrong learnig to forgive yourself is so important. I had to learn that and ti look me over a year to forgive myself for the death of my only two does and their unborn kids.......but dispite how hard it was I found freedom in forgiving myself and I was finaly able to love and care for my new goats the way they deserved.

you care -- thats why it hurts. You love -- because thats what you know to do. You are strong and you will make it through this. :hug:

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I am so sorry!! :hug:

8. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    So sorry for your losses! :hug:

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for you loss. She is in Greener pastures and she has her babies at her side. :hug:

10. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    We do ahve to forgive ourselves. I have jsut forgive myself over Clem. But I think they are all up there with even mine. Playing and doing all those baby goatie things. All the doe together watching over the young ones. Pardise for goats.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry, hun. I wish that there was something I can do. Sometimes things happen, but you can not blame yourself, I doubt you did anything to cause what happened to her and the babies. :hug: