Felted Goat Milk Soaps

Discussion in 'Personal Creations' started by K-Ro, Jan 9, 2010.

1. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    I am now offering felted goat milk soaps and felted vegetable based soaps. This is like having a 'built in wash cloth', the felt shrinks with the soap and you use all of the soap. You are left with a little ball of felt you can cut a hole in for a change purse or stuff in a drawer for the scent (if it was a scented soap).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The small felted soap (approx 2-3 oz each) are $4.00 each or three for $11.00. Large felted soaps are $6.50 each and weigh approx 5-6 oz each.

Of course, we also have non-felted soaps too :)

You can pm or email me for more info or visit my store via my website.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    That is really neat! :)

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    So cool! How on earth do you do that? Do you felt a piece and then sew it around the soap? :scratch: My aunt does felting and I need to just get my stuff together and start. She does really intricate designs, made a pin cushion that looks like stained glass. Fun stuff you can felt. :)

4. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    It's actually pretty easy. I am still learning the 'design' part of it.
    Thought I did pretty good with the smiley face :) I am still learning, there are some really intricate designs out there.

Basically, you wrap it in your wool roving where no soap is showing and dribble hot, hot water on it until its all wet then you can rub in around and around in your hands, use a sushi mat or I use an old glass wash board and it felts around the soap itself, they you can alternate hot and cold water to get a tight fit.

It's actually fun to do and the kids love to jump in and help too. Of course, what they make they run off and give to their teachers or friends, etc., but that's good for business too.

5. I might have to try this as much as I use goat soap.

6. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    I can also felt scents or any other soap that we offer (add $1-$1.50 depending on size), it just takes about 2-3 days longer so that they dry before shipping.