Fencing for 2 month old goats???

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by Willow's Meadow, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    We might be getting goats this summer and I was originally thinking I would just use wooden fencing and electric fencing for adult goats. But if I get goats I'll probably get 2 month old goats. Would it be better to have wire goat fencing(like this.....http://www.tractorsupply.com/fencing/fi ... t--3660338) and split rail fencing instead electric fencing and split rail fencing??? There is a split rail fence but I was gonig to put the wire goat fence on it too.

2. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    I have the fence that you gave the tractor supply link for with electric.... I only added the electric after they started getting out so you could just start w/ the split rail and wire. I'd put the wire on the inside so it is harder for them to climb out.
    Hope this helps,
    M.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how much do you plan on fencing in? I do recommend wire fencing especially for kids. But if you fence in a smaller area for teh kids with the wire fencing and then a larger area with the wood fencing and hot wire for when they get older that could work too. This will help if you ever have a power outage or snow shorts out the line you can put them in the wire enclosure.