fencing for goats and lambs

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by moday, Apr 4, 2010.

1. moday

moday Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Anyone use High Tensile for 4-H lambs or goats? We are starting with like 6 wk old lambs and have various size Boer goats, so they are all good size. I'm out of stock fence and have been considering high tensile without electric. Will it work, or will they get out?

What kind of spacing? I was thinking 6-8" space on the bottom or all the way up??? I have the posts set up with H braces, so it will be sturdy. I think it may be cost effective for high tensile if the animals can't get out. There is a boundary stock fence to keep out critters too. The HT fence would be for making paddocks and sub-dividing.

Thanks and Happy Easter.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wish I can help.... but...... I never used that type of fencing .......hope someone can help soon....... so you can get an answer..... :wink:

3. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    Every thing that I have seen says its needs to be hot to keep them from wiggling through. Also the hot keeps out predators.
    We have been hanging and banging fence for 2 weeks on and off now. 75 cattle panels 150+ tposts now we are working on the perimeter. We have the field fence for the perimeter all the corners are in some banging on the tposts.

CAN I SAY I HATE FENCING.