The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to put wire onto 4 board wood fencing? I'm thinking of stapling non climb horse wire onto it. But my question is, do you need to stretch the fencing before you staple it or can you staple it on a little at a time and keep it tight that way?

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,391 Posts
Umm of which? I don’t currently have any wire stapled on my fence because we use T-posts. So I use wire ties on the posts. Our gates are stapled though, I can snap a pic of that later. The wire fencing we have comes in a roll, it doesn’t need to be stretched, just requires a strong arm to unroll.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,391 Posts
The wire coil part. I'm not sure where that goes. I'm going to have foals in here, so it has to be safe and secure with no rough edges. I've always used t posts too, so this is very new to me.
Well that's easy to describe. Just take a piece of wire coil (12 gauge), cut a piece about 6-12 inches long, wrap through the holes of the fence and around the post, and then use a pliers to twist tightly. Cut/fold over any excess and point it towards the outside so it's not sharp.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's easy to describe. Just take a piece of wire coil (12 gauge), cut a piece about 6-12 inches long, wrap through the holes of the fence and around the post, and then use a pliers to twist tightly. Cut/fold over any excess and point it towards the outside so it's not sharp.
Oh ok! Yes, I see what you mean. Thank you! I would not have thought of that, but it's a great idea. I want to do whatever I can to make it last and not come apart if something pushes from the outside.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,391 Posts
Oh ok! Yes, I see what you mean. Thank you! I would not have thought of that, but it's a great idea. I want to do whatever I can to make it last and not come apart if something pushes from the outside.
Multiple different kinds of securing are best!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts