fetal development/preg. questions

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Jan 31, 2009.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    I found a site that tells about fetal development, but are there any that show pics? Are there any kidding countdowns with fetal pics? I've seen some like that for people :wink: Just thought that would be neat to see,and to keep as a signature during kidding season.

How soon should you be able to tell signs of pregnancy?

When should you be able to feel babies, and where should you feel? When should the doe start to have any udder development? (mine is a FF)
  2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Goatiegirl the only q I can answer is that some FFdoes develop an un udder about a month ahead of time & some dont.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    There used to be a site that showed pics and had so much information and now I can't find it - and acutally I even had Brandi trying to help me find it and to no avail!

As far as an udder - on FF sometimes a month before you start noticing and sometimes not till the week before.

I have been watching my girls (although I blood test so I know for sure who is preggers and who is not) but when they put their front hooves up on the feeder, I can tell a difference in their body from a pregger doe to one that is not - I will take my camera and see if I can get a good pic of it for you. Also by about 2-3 months gestation you can do a "pooch test" to see if she is by looking at the vulva.

Feeling kids - I have been having trouble to not being able to feel them in the minis until about 4 months and the standards 3 or so. In front of the udder and on the dams right side is where you would feel them
  4. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007

I wanted to post a pic for a pooch test on here, but my camera's not working,it won't even turn on... so I guess I'll have to do without it

She should be about 10 weeks along