Feta's kidding thread - udder pics added

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by milk and honey, Jan 14, 2011.

1. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    This is SO exciting... my first goat and my first kidding! Here are some pics from above of my 1-1/2 year old doe Feta. I dont have an exact due date because she was in with a buck for 3 weeks before I picked her up. But I have figured that she should be due about Feb 16 - 27th.
    This week I gave selenium/vit E gel, CD-T, and Molly's Preg. herbals. And the baby(s) is/are kicking up a storm! I'll try and take a couple of her from a better angle so you can see her.

Attached Files:

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Re: Feta's kidding thread

OMG YAY!!!

First kiddings are like awesome! I cant wait to see what she gives you!!
    Isnt feeling the babies amazing? I love it so much, My doe's stomach would move soooo much with her twins it was so cool!

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Wow...we should be doing the waiting to see kids together at that time!
    First kiddings are very exciting and nerve wracking at the same time, even after 8 years of various births, I still get anxious!

Can't wait to see what she gives you :hug:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh yes...first kiddings... are very special..... can't wait to see the wee ones...happy kidding....... :thumb: :wink: :greengrin:

5. Re: Feta's kidding thread

:leap: :leap: How exciting!!! We (Liz, you, and I) will all be around the same time!!! Good luck! looks like at least twins to me! :wink:

6. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA

I wanted to add some pics.... the cream colored doe is Feta, and the buck (black tan and white) is the daddy, Sunny Prairie Valerian. It's so hard to take a picture of a goat that keeps trying to follow me.

Attached Files:

7. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Nice goats you have! OOOH first kidding! I almost cried the first kidding I was present at!

8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

very pretty, can't wait to see the babies! :)

9. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA

As mentioned before.. our due date is uncertain... but looking at the calendar, there is a full moon on the 18th of Feb. so that looks like as good a day as any to 'target'. That would make her about 26 days out from 'ground zero'. Here are some udder shots
    During this photo shoot, Mimolette was getting up to her own mischief...

Attached Files:

10. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

They are all so pretty, love daddy's color! And I agree, first kiddings are so amazing! But after having 3, I still get as excited as the first! Just after the first one you start to figure out what is going on, hehe!!
    We have 3 due at the end of Feb - 2 on the 25th and another due 2 days before or after those girls! Feb is going to be a BUSY MONTH ON HERE!!!! :)

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well her udder is coming along nicely -- hope she kids sooner rather then later for you

12. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Re: Feta's kidding thread - updated udder pics

Feta was nice enough to show off her udders today.... I'm afraid I did a real 'Hack-job' on her rear shave today... good thing she couldn't see it!

Attached Files:

13. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    She looks like she has a pretty nice udder coming in!

14. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Today she had an elbow... nose.. hoof.. something sticking out high on her right side.. it was so funny, it reminded me of having my own kids. (a hundred years ago) Anyway, it made me think that maybe she has more than one in there, since it was so high up on her side... Hope there's two! Does!!!

15. YAY!!! Lookin good! hope she milks well for ya! :thumb:

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Coming along very well! Udder is definately filling!
    Happy kidding .....the wait is almost over!

17. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Re: Feta's kidding thread - a little progress too!

Well, last night i saw a string of discharge from Feta.. this morning she seems to have dropped some. Ligs are soft but there. I'll keep you posted on any little changes... haha

18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Babies ...soooon.............. :cool: :greengrin:

19. milk and honey

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Re: Feta's kidding thread - updating...

Well, I'm watching Feta pretty close today... this morning she's losing her plug, everything has dropped.. I feel hip bones I haven't felt in months
    and her ligs feel like mush! When I let her out, she kept wandering to out of the way corners and hiding places, so I put her back in the barn and we'll be keeping each other company today! Hope it's soon!
    YAHOO!!!!!!! MY FIRST KIDDING!!!

20. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

WOOOOOO THATS AWESOME!!! GOOD LUCK!!