The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two month old baby girl has fever 103.5 now she's had diarrhea for 2 days I'm going to get the Corvette medicine and I've given her baby Tylenol but her fever is not dropping as quick as I would like it too is there anything else I should do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to give her this and there's a shot that has lots of electrolytes and vitamins in it it kind of gives them a boost I'm about to do that as soon as my husband comes home with the medicine

·
Fair-Haven
4,932 Posts
Corid is used for coccidia. if you feel she is running a fever, take temp again. She may have more going on, pneumonia, etc. which requires an antibiotic targeted for upper respiratory issues. Runny poops can also mean ecoli, What color is the runny poo? Any feed changes?How much are you feeding and what does she weigh? if she isn't responding to Corid, I would give Spectoguard or Scour halt. How is her appetite and what is she eating? Tylenol is not the best option for goats when bringing down a fever, aspirin is better, but if her fever is getting higher banamine from your vet.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,514 Posts
You CANNOT give a goat bute!!

I'm not worried about her temp at 103.5 but it sounds like classic coccidia to me, depending color of poop!

Corid (amprolium) - 5 day treatment. UNDILUTED LIQUID: Mix 6 tablespoons with 16 oz water. Dose at 15cc per 50lbs. POWDER: Mix 3oz to 1 quart water. Mix and shake well before use. Dose at 15cc per 50lbs.

·
Administrator
85,812 Posts
All good advice.

It may be pneumonia if the temp is high.
Being down from parasites, can allow pneumonia to happened with a down immune system.

Getting a fecal for worms and cocci is wise so you don’t treat for something that is not present on an already down goat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts