Few pictures of our goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by nitrors4, Jul 12, 2008.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I think they look fantastic! And the colors are just great! Looks like you have a pretty stylish little herd going on!! :thumb:

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I love all the color! That striped buck is awesome looking. Do you have 2 bucks already? Very nice herd. :love:

3. Yes we do have two bucks. I went to buy a couple does from this guy (he is 80) and after talking for a while I told him that was one nice buck, He told me that he would sell me the buck if I wanted him and promised to take could care of him. They raised him from a baby and he was a pet to them. I figured he would be expensive, but he sold him to me for 125.00. I thought that was fair and bought him.

None of my stock is registered for the first go around. We are using these to learn from and when we feel goats are for us we will purchase full blood show stock.

Baby steps.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    cool, i love the polka dots, and paints. nice buck, he's really nice.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Snazy little herd.

This is nothing wrong with unregistered. Don't ever think we look down on unregistered goats. Hehe I have a couple myself. Love them all just the same

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Gorgeous goaties!! That buck is awesome too....BIG BOY!!LOL I only have 2 registered goats and I still have my un registered starter herd, registered is nice though because you know you are getting a purebred goat...without papers it's hard to tell wether theres another breed in the lines...this way I have no surprises..I know that when I breed registered Nigi's I'll get ND kids...When I breed my pygmy/nigi does...I don't know if I'll get pygmy looking kids or nigi looking kids..it's fun to see what I get though and most go to pet homes. Your "starter" herd looks really good and they all look boer to me thought the spotty one looks nubian which is fine, I've heard of meat breeders crossing meat/dairy for better meat.

I still really like your big buck...he is gonna throw some good looking kids!