The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
kelebek said:
The other way to tell if she truely would be 4 months is to start pushing in and around on her right side and under the udder. You can also stand behind her, one arm around each side and grasp your hands under her belly. Then gently bounce her belly up and if there is a baby in there it will feel like a bowling ball!

But truely - you would feel the baby if there is one.

I am still playing with some things to see if I can figure out a "home pregnancy test" for goats. I know with horses you can use the ph strips from a swimming pool or hot tub - so I am going to try that hopefully this weekend and see if I can tell the difference between a preggers and non preggers girl!
I tried the feeling under the belly, near the udder with two of my girls. One due anyday now that I know is pregnant, and this one. I felt kid in the one do any day now. It actually "kicked" back at me. It was so cool. But I felt nothing with this doe. Yeah I wish there was an easy way to know yes or no if they were pregnant. Would make things alot easier.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
kelebek said:
yes it would!

If you know how to draw blood - it is a total of about 13.00 to find out for sure!
I read about this just today. Its like $7 and $5 I read. If you do more then one doe do you have to pay shipping more then once? I can do blood, or rather Hubby can. Hes a CVT

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Nope - I have shipped up to 10 vials for the same price!

I will send you an email about 6:30 am in the morning PST with how to package and ship and what not! If you mail Friday - you should have results no later then the following Friday

7.50 per test flat fee and then the shipping by priority mail!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ok Thanks alot.

Are goats like horses and they have their "babies" in the worst weather? If so I think my doe will probably have her babies in the next few days. its raining here pretty good lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
The first doe looks like a La Boer (La Mancha Boer cross). If she's only carrying one kid, she may be pregnant. Boers don't always bag up a month away from kidding. I had a Nubian doe who had one kid both times she freshened, never got very big and didn't show any udder until the day she kidded. The other doe doesn't look that big for an older Nubian halfway through her pregnancy. She should do just fine. The best way to know for sure if a doe is bred is to have blood drawn and sent to Bio Tracking for testing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
goatkid said:
The first doe looks like a La Boer (La Mancha Boer cross). If she's only carrying one kid, she may be pregnant. Boers don't always bag up a month away from kidding. I had a Nubian doe who had one kid both times she freshened, never got very big and didn't show any udder until the day she kidded. The other doe doesn't look that big for an older Nubian halfway through her pregnancy. She should do just fine. The best way to know for sure if a doe is bred is to have blood drawn and sent to Bio Tracking for testing.
We suspected thats what she was, though she doesnt have any kind of boer build like my other boer cross. But the coloring sure looks it. Do you see Boer in her besides the coloring? Maybe its just a small bit or something. But a doe I got the same time as her seems to be a la mancha/nigi cross. But I know shes not that lol.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I am fixin to send you the information - and yes - they LOVE to pick the worst weather to have a kid! I know each time I had my "human" kids - I always went into preterm labor and labor on full moons - the hospitals were packed and they said it happens that way every month - does must be doing the same!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts