The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a doe that I'm pretty sure is in labor.
She won't let me touch her back end, so I can't tell if ligaments are gone or not. I felt them last night and they were sunk and soft, but not 100% gone.

In the evening she put herself I'm the judging own away from everyone else and had gone much quieter.
I've seen her have small contractions, but nothing like her last (first) kidding. She is standing on anything that will elevate her body, yawning, grinding her teeth..

Her udder had been filled for almost two months, but not strutted

How fast can an udder become strutted?
An hour (s), mere moments?

Will contractions very kidding to kidding?
One kidding might be harsh contractions and another more subtle?

Will all does get a potsy look to them?

·
Registered
979 Posts
My doe was very different with both her last kiddings. Sounds like she is very close...positioning the kids and paying attention to her body. No need to worry yet, just keep watchfully waiting.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her udder is definantly as big as it was last kidding, her sides are so hollowed out she looks like shes sick and abused, but still no babies
She hates me.

Shes been laying down a lot, in the same spot, and after a period of not eating, shes browsing again.

·
14,615 Posts
Any discharge at all?
Describe the teeth grinding, infrequent? Constant? Softly now & then or loud?
You need to determine if she might be in trouble or just experiencing minor discomfort from positioning kids perhaps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Her teeth only grind when I see her tail arch a little. She doesnt look as uncomfortable as she did last kidding
No discharge, but she didnt have any leading up to birth last year. In fact, her birth last year was very odd. Smooth, but odd.

The two pictures I included were from last year, moments before she started pushing

Attachments

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
How fast can an udder become strutted?
An hour (s), mere moments?

Very fast. I've had does kid that had virtually no udder, then looked like they were about to burst when the kids hit the ground.

Will contractions very kidding to kidding?
One kidding might be harsh contractions and another more subtle?

I haven't noticed that yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Will all does get a potsy look to them?
Not sure what you mean by "potsy". Sorry. I also have does that give absolutely no indication they are about to kid. My only clue is when I go out and find the babies. That can get interesting! LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess she decided yesterday was not her day.
Towards the evening her belly picked back up, her udder didn't look as large (is that even possible?) And she was over it.
Maybe she dropped due to heat

This morning her back is much more swayed and she's Fleming
I've seen her turn to look at her stomach as well
But she's still eating ... but she's a fatty ... I have no doubt she'll be eating through the whole thing.

We are suppose to get bad storms the next couple days.
Her timing is impeccable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts