The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s Floppy. She’s a 2 year old Alpine/Boer I just bought about a week ago. (She’s a little copper deficient and I’ve already gives her a copper bolus) I was told when I bought her that she could be due in as soon as a week or maybe a month I’m not sure. I felt a little concerned moving her this close to kidding, but I didn’t realize how far along she was till I went to pick her up.

Either way she’s settled in great and seems no worse for wear from her travels. Now it’s just a waiting game! She’s bred to an alpine so her kids will be 75% Alpine. My plans with her next year are to breed her to my Myotonic buck for some nice meat kids. I also wanted to try a Boer cross for milking and I just happened upon her one day lol.

Any guesses on when she might be due? Her ligaments are completely gone and she’s started to drop. I’m just waiting on her udder to start filling. Right now it’s pretty soft with more room to grow.
Working animal Wood Grass Trunk Terrestrial animal
Plant Sky Plant community Working animal Natural landscape
Grass Terrestrial animal Dog breed Snout Boar
Sky Plant Terrestrial animal Grass Terrestrial plant

Attachments

·
Administrator
84,842 Posts
Her udder needs to fill more, it isn’t indicating she is ready yet. Not tight, but they can indeed fool us.

When you feel for ligs, how are you doing it? If you are just wrapping your fingers around the the tail bone and touching your fingers together, it is not the proper way.

Do you know buck exposer dates to when she was with a buck?

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,148 Posts
Pretty girl!! I agree her udder still has some filling to do, but then again, some does won't fill their udders until after kidding, so you just never know!! She's definitely getting close though! Good luck and happy kidding!! Hope everything goes well!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Her udder needs to fill more, it isn’t indicating she is ready yet. Not tight, but they can indeed fool us.

When you feel for ligs, how are you doing it? If you are just wrapping your fingers around the the tail bone and touching your fingers together, it is not the proper way.

Do you know buck exposer dates to when she was with a buck?
This is what I go by when looking for ligaments.
Unfortunately I do not have a dates for when she was exposed… I really have no idea when she’s due or could be due.
Font Parallel Screenshot Terrestrial animal Paper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts