The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe had her doeling on Friday night and everything is going well. The day before she kidded, her coat got really scraggly -overnight it seemed. She weighs 65# and I gave her 3cc of safeguard. I treated the herd with baycox, except for the pregnant does, and saw an immediate change in everyone. Would it be safe to treat her while she is nursing? Also, should I be increasing her grain at this point? She get 1cupvpoulin sweet and 1/3 cup alfalfa pellets. Thanks

·
14,615 Posts
She can have any wormer while nursing you betcha. As for the feed amounts, she could probably use a bit more but increase it gradually over a few weeks time.
The safeguard is not a one time thing. Inotherwords, she is going to need another dose or two but Ive never used it so someone else will chime in about that.

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
She was given Ivomec injectable about a week ago, thought possible lungworm from cough. Also ivomec orally the end of may for strongyles in fecal tested. I was told to worm her after kidding. What would be a better wormer & dosage? Will baycox affect the baby if I treat her with it?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hi, everyone my saneen goat just kidded on 2 babies 1 female 1 male . The female is alright and she stood up straight away and she looks healthy, but the male is not able to stand up and is making a strange noise, can anyone tell me what to do or is it just normal.

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
You need to get him up and nursing. I would also give him a BoSe shot. Make sure he is breathing ok.

·
Registered
584 Posts
hi again, my boy goat kid that has come is extra small compared to his sister, he has no energy and doesn't even try to move only breath, do you know where i can get this BoSe shot from in New Zealand. thanks

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
I'm assuming you would have to get it from your vet. If the little guy is significantly smaller than his sister, he probably didn't have a good attachment to the placenta and didn't get the proper nutrients. His lungs and other organs may not be properly developed. He also may have fluid in his lungs. At this point, you will need a vet.

What is his temp? I would first make sure he is warm enough. His temp should be at least 101.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Ok, I see. I don't know the first thing about mini's, dwarfs, or pygmys. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts