FF day 149...acting wierd..delivered at 3am TODAY 150

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by liz, May 13, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I got a call from the lady that had her 2 does serviced by Chief....the FF is soft and mushy in the ligaments, udder filled and according to her owner has been talking to her constantly since 6 this morning, she's been doing alot of squatting but no noticeable contractions, just not wanting to be without her "mom"....She (her owner) has had experience with births before and did tell me that if theres no getting down to business by 3 tomorrow afternoon she'll be calling the vet....she did tell me that the kid(s) are moving but this doe is either confused at what she needs to do or she's just getting ready...I myself have not had my girls do the mommy talking until just before they are ready to start pushing so I thot this going on was wierd.

The FF dam is also due and on day 146 today...definately not ready, udder isn't strutted and she's being a meanie to her daughter!

She kidded at 3 this morning with the help of her mommy, first was a stuck buckling..head and nose out ..no feet..she went in to pull the feet forward and the kid stopped breathing, tried to resucitate to no avail, she lost him..second was a breech that came so fast that she didn't have chance to think about the first...tricolor buckling and SMALL!! Mom and baby doing great...will post pics of Chief's Bandit as soon as I hear from the dams owner....2nd doe on day 149...hope all goes well. The first buckling was a brownish cocoa color w/ black.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: FF day 149...acting wierd

My Anna talked and talked for about 24 hours before giving birth.

Hope all goes well for her :)

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I just recieved the pics, even the little one that didn't live...he was a very pretty color...and is all dry and looks like he's asleep....this was really tough on this girls owner.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison....I think you may have confuse this one with "weevils" :ROFL: ....see what excitement gets you :slapfloor:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    LOL Liz - yeppers - I will see if I can delete my message and I will put it under the right topic - Sorry! :angel2: