FF due date...came and went

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by andiplus5, Mar 21, 2008.

1. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    central Iowa
    I have a FF that was due today if her hand breeding took. And if her hand breeding didn't take she was in with a buck 3 weeks later. She just started looking pregnant this week. Her ligaments are good and strong. I figured she definitely isn't going to kid until her April due date, except...............her teeny, tiny udder filled up and is tight. It is still so tiny it is laughable :ROFL: , but it is FULL!! So, my question is....should I look for her to kid now or in 3 weeks? Other than the full yet tiny udder, she doesn't seem ready. Would her udder get that full :ROFL: if she still has 3 weeks? (her udder really is laughable) She is a full blood oberhasli if it makes any difference.
    Thanks in advance
    Andi in OK

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well it wouldn't be out of the question for her to wait the 3 weeks.

Goats dont always go on their "due date" so she could still go in the next few days.

what day were you using as her due date - 150?

3. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    central Iowa
    yes, day 150. Still, she doesn't look ready except for the udder. How long before kidding can their udder fill up and get tight?
    Andi in OK

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Their udders can fill up as long as two months to right before kidding. Ligaments aren't always soft a couple days before kidding, I've had does that had rock hard ligaments until you went out in the barn and discovered she had kids while you were gone.

My obers filled up like a month before they kidded.

Do you have a pic of her udder?

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Sometimes they don't get udders till after they kid either.

6. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    central Iowa
    No way to post pics, sorry. Well, she is usually hyper active but she is pretty sedate right now. Her two due dates were March 21st and April 11th. Either it took the first time or the second time cuz she is definitely pregnant, just not real big. She just started looking pregnant this week. So maybe she will kid next month instead. I wish she could talk so she could tell me when she got pregnant. I've only owned her for about a month so I have no idea! :GAAH: Well, she'll probably kid somewhere in between the two dates knowing my luck!
    Andi

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    That's the way it works.LOL

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would go with the second due date then.