The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sissy kidded Friday 4:00 am. She ate a little after she kidded.

She did not drink any water since yesterday and won't eat her grain.

I took her temp, it's 103.6.

I just took a cut up apple out to her and she won't eat it.

I didn't see her afterbirth, but I wasn't with her all the time, she could have eaten it, some of my goats do that.

Any ideas?

DonnaBelle

·
Registered
31,504 Posts
some do eat the after birth and sometimes it get mixed in with hay and dirt and canbe hard to find...is she feedingher baby?? check her udder..if its tight ..she maybe in pain...if so milk her out until comfy loose...save the milk/colostrum for futire needs : ) (freezes well) if her temp remains good..her rumen might be off...stress can do that...give her a nice dose of probios offer hay and fresh green leaves only...electrolytes to encourage drinking...offer this and fresh water, let her choose...
here is a great recipe they seem to love..
Homemade Electrolytes
A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses (or what ever molasses you have on hand or honey)
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix well and drench or let them drink it

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is doing better now.

We went out and cut her some branches of fresh brouse and took to her. She started eating then.

I had also given her a shot of Penn G. because my vet called me back from Little Rock and give me the dosage. Did I say I have a fabulous vet?

I also gave her the 6 cc of B-12.

She ate the brouse and ate her feed this evening. She has fresh water and I think she's drinking.

Her udder and milk are fine, baby is nursing.

Thanks guys, I really didn't want to lose this doe.

DonnaBelle

·
Registered
31,504 Posts
glad she is feeling better..:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts