FF questions

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Nov 2, 2008.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Do FF usually kid on time/early/late?

How many kids do they usually have?
  2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are all different,,,,,you won't know until they kid.....some are on ....some are.....a little early...and some ...a little late.......... :) :shrug:

AS for ...how many ??..........I have had my FF boers .....kid triplets.....some twins and we've had singles...... they are all different..... you never know...... :)

It is all in ....a surprise package ........LOL :shades:

3. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    lol She was one of twin doelings,does that make it more likely she will have twins/does,or is it just random?
  4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I do think it's more of a random thing Ashley, all of my girls are twins or a triplet,and 2 of them had a single for their FF, and 3 of them had twins.....as far as the due date" well, I ad my Angel deliver hers at exactly 145 days....so even the FF can keep us guessing with the what and when.
  5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, I agree with everyone. It varies. I think a lot of them time the buck kind of determines due dates. . . . no proof of this but I see similarities in due dates when a bunch of does are bred to the same buck. Our buck, Royal Blue's kids seem to come on day 148 so far, what we've noticed.

FF can have all sorts. We've had some with singles, twins, triplets, and even quads. I think twins are pretty common though with ff.
  6. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I agree with Toth, all does are different but ours seem to go a couple days before their due date but that is usually how it is with all our does here though, ours mostly give us a single but sometimes they will have twins or triplets.
  7. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Hmm.. interesting. :) I just wondered what to expect,we should have a 2 week spring break in April,which hopefully she will be due about the same time,give or take a week,and it'd be awesome if she had them while I was still on break.
  8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    well, there really is no "rule" to FF.

However most of my FF have always given me a single - except for 1. She snuck in triplets on me. I am glad that I had her ultrasounded - and knew that there were twins - but was not expecting triplets at all!!!

Good luck!
  9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i agree, all ff's do different things

i had one this year go exactly 145 and have quints

i've had another go 155 and twin

and another go around 141 and twin
  10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    All of my FF's gave me triplets :greengrin:
  11. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Well,hopefully I get at least one doeling to keep, that would make me very very happy. :greengrin: Should be nice babies. I will try to get a recent pic of my girl and a pic of the buck to post on here to show you guys. :wink:
  12. bbredmom

bbredmom New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    My FF had a single, and was aright around say 150. I was very surprised!