Fias Co Farm.....Molly's Herbs?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, Mar 17, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Do any of you use the natural wormers sold on Fias Co Farms website? I have been reading about them and was thinking about giving them a try and was just wondering what you all think or if any of you use them.......to read all the testamonials they sound great!

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I've tried her wormers, but the goats didn't really like it, I use wormer from Fir Meadow: firmeadowherbs.tripod.com The goats love it and they do awesome on it.

3. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    it's funny that you said your goats didn't like it.. Mine absolutely ATTACK the herbs.. I mix it in with their grain and it falls to the bottom, and its like craziness watching them try to lick up the last little specks. I also monitor with periodic fecals and have had a decreased worm load.. Right now they are not shedding anything (but we are wrapping up winter right now, so that will change in a bit). With that being said I am slightly parannoid especially with the pregnant girls so I will be using Ivermectin at 100 days bred. But plan on using Molly's post Partum.
    * Before I bought Molly's I contacted FirMeadow to see what herbs they used in their formula.. to compare and contrast with Molly's, but they never got back to me (i tried twice) so I went with Molly and she has been super great with any questions I have had:)

Jennah

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks for the info.......I went a head and ordered from Molly this time, I had forgotten about Firmeadows.....I'll see how they do on hers.....and yes, they are very nice.....I had emailed them a while back with a question and she was out of town but her husband emailed me right back with his advice.

5. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Good Luck.. Let us know how your goats like it :)

Jennah

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We use Fir Meadow herbal wormer. I like it a lot and the goats do too. It's cheaper and easier to keep track of, imo. With Molly's (it sounds awesome though) you have to give a certain kind for two weeks and then another, it just kind of makes my brain go crazy. . . too many other things to think about, I don't think I could keep it straight. But it does sound awesome though and she is VERY knowledgeable but Kat is very "herb smart" too. If you have a diagnosis, they will work with you on trying to get herbal remedies to help, that's pretty neat.

7. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    I have used Molly's, Hoeggers and now I use Firmeadow. The goats liked all but the Hoeggers. I personally think they do a little better on Firmeadow's wormer, Kat has always been very quick to respond to all of my questions too (so was Molly).