The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone has used, or is using fiascofarms herbal wormer/coccidiosis prevention? First I wonder if it works? But also, does anyone have any idea of what it costs per goat per year to use the stuff?

·
Goatless goat momma
7,838 Posts
ok, so i'll post here.

like i said in the other thread, there are a lot of factors on cost. but if you had one goat and good management/feeding practices, then a one pound bag of mollys #1 herbal would cost $12.95/85 uses, which is about 15 cents per use, plus shipping and tax (if applicable). you just need to calculate for your own herd how long this one bag will last you, and do the same for her formula #2.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have always used Molly's Herbals and we've never, ever had a worm issue. The lady I bought my goats from has always used it, too, without ever having to deal with worms.

Everyone will have their own opinion, but I've been 110% happy with it. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I, personally won't use Molly's anymore since hearing people have problems with it's effectiveness. I use Land Of Havilah and Fir Meadow's products now. While they are more expensive (though not that much), they are both formulated by people I trust and I also trust their herb sources (fresher=more likely to work/more powerful). I can speak from experience that Kristie Miller (Land of Havilah), is always SUPER quick to answer any questions and you can get free health/herd management counseling through her TotallyNaturalGoat group on FB.

The price is hard to calculate as it will really depend on how often you do the 2x a day, 3 days in a row regimen or if you have to treat for an acute situation/heavy parasite load. It will also depend on the weight of your goats, someone with 3 NDs isn't going to spend even close to as much as someone with a herd of twenty 200lb Boers! :p

Of course, you'll need to research and decide what's right for your own herd. :)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,838 Posts
yep, and the difference between making your own mix vs buying it pre-mixed. you can have a fairly comprehensive excel spreadsheet comparing and contrasting everything if you're wanting something really detailed.

you have to find a mixture that works for you. Mollys can work for everyone, but not for some. I made my own mix based on Mollys but didn't like the 2 formula. so I switched to Land of Havilah formula.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts