fiber goat prices?

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Fibers' started by ohiogoatgirl, Nov 23, 2010.

1. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    i'm in ohio and my little world of goats is opening slowly from nil to infinite. i only just dicovered the fiber goat world. :doh: what is a good price for a fiber doe? i dont know about breeds or anything yet. i'm just soaking up info. this site being one of the most helpful on everything goat. :thumbup: so...
    ~what are the fiber breeds?
    ~the price range for fiber goats?
    thanks!

2. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    I dont know which kind of fiber your looking for, however here in Maine you can buy fiber breeds from $25-$150 at any age, some registered (unknown where.) some bred etc.

3. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    i'm in ohio. havent found any angora goats for sale yet. :(

4. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I really only know about the Pygora breed. A 'registerable' purebred doe from good bloodlines should start at about $350 and go up from there depending on confirmation, fiber type, coloring, etc.

If you just want the animal for the fiber and not breeding stock, fiber wethers are usually available for around $100. Again depending on the type of fiber and such. Hand-raised, hand-tamed might be a little more.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Really in Maine that is crazy, they are some of the best cashmere breeders. I know a lot of people there.

My does from a Grand Champion line will sell for $300.00 or more, if people by two or more they will go down in price.

I have people coming from Virginia to purchase goats from me and they are paying the 3.00 and have to transport them.

6. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Yup, They are usually around $60 for both does and bucks, but I have found goats in the range I posted. and not at auction either.