The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· goat Mamma
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a kind of odd situation happening. I am just wondering if anybody else has ever seen this or if there is a way to fix it. I have two does being housed together and both of them gave birth 2 weeks ago. they are both damn raising their kids. Doe 1 had two kids one of which nurses off of doe 2 also. since doe 2 had a single kid I let it happen thinking he would just be stronger with more milk and since the doe 2 didn't care that it would keep her bag even. well fast forward about 4 days and doe 1 has taken her kid and is keeping him away from doe number 2 which is making her (doe 2) cry for him and look for him. I think she forgot she only had one kid and really thinks he belongs to her. is there any way that they will sort this out amongst themselves or am I going to have to separate them. she keeps wandering around crying with the one baby trailing her. the problem is that the adopted boy baby is happy to follow his own mom(1) around all day and ignores her(2) cries.

· goat Mamma
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes she is feeding her own buckling and the adopted 1. she is my lowest ranking doe and wasn't supposed to be bred but had a surprise baby. she was really young but she is turning out to be a great mama. she even licks the baby that she adopted and tries to take care of it but he goes back to his own mom and then she cries and look for him. his mom is the queen and defends her kids too.so when the little mama goes looking for him and finds him she gets attacked and ran of sessions up standing outside crying. all of the babies are growing and seem to be eating well but what drama.

Plant Bird Wood Organism Flash photography

this picture is LC, the little mama, with the white baby which is hers and the brown one which isn't but nurses on her anyways.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.