Figured part of it out

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dvfreelancer, Feb 8, 2010.

1. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Sweet Pea still sounds like a house cat stuck in the La Brea Tar Pits but I did figure out why she was hollering in the laundry room so much. Couldn't figure out why she'd sit in there and cry and cry. It's warm, there's food, for a goat it's a serious hook up.

All I had to do was leave the laundry room light on for her and she settled right down. She doesn't mind staying in the laundry room, she just didn't like staying there in the dark.

Whew. Now if I can just figure out why she still sounds like someone trying to strangle a squirrel life would be good.

Funny thing happened tonight. It's snowing again, another 3-5 inches. I heard some babies hollering at the hay shed during patrol. They found a nice, comfy place under the hay tarp for a nap, but the snow drifted over it while they were asleep and then froze to the ground, trapping them under the tarp. I could hear them but not see them. As I got closer it looked like the tarp was trying to crawl away. Funny.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    glad the hollering stopped -- poor trapped goaties, glad you heard them and helped them out

3. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I do patrol every night for just that reason. One of them getting their head stuck in a fence panel, one of the smaller ones squirts under the fence and can't get back in, found one hanging upside down with his foot caught in a cracked board one day. You just never know.

And the first time I didn't do patrol, one of them would be stuck somewhere all night. It also gives me a chance to sweep for predators, two and four legged varieties.