The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today me and my sister did FAMACHA checks on everyone and everything looks good but Daisys eyes are still pale. But they are looking quite a bit better with only being wormed a couple weeks ago so thats great! Betsys eyes were a lil pale but not too bad. Sandy as well. Overall everyone is doin good. But to be safe, we went ahead and got samples from- Cupcake, Casper, Wally, Sandy, Daisy, Betsy, Grace, Penny, Francine, Fawn, Duke, Taffy, Sparrow, Scarlett, Salem amd May. So in total we got 16 samples! A week & a half ago we had already gotten Annie, Jasper, Oakley and Spinky checked so we didn't want to re-test them this soon ( test results were great btw!). We just got Tiger tested a couple days ago and got word from the vet today that the only thing they found was a little cocci. Which he is now getting treated for (hes great too btw!!). Today after checking everyones eyes/getting samples we decided it was time to rotate the girls to the bottom pasture. The bottom pasture is the buck pasture so, we got the bucks out on leashs so we could move the girls one by one. When we got all the girls down there we then moved the bucks to the top pasture (where the girls were.). I gave a couple goats copper (Daisy, Taffy and Scarlett.). A couple days ago I trimmed all hoovs and gave their monthly Selenium. Tomorrow I have to wash water bowls, feeders, mineral feeders, etc. Also Tomorrow I need to clean the barn in the top pasture where we moved the bucks to, also I need to clean the bottom pastures stall amd both shelters too. So tomorrow is gonna be another one of them days lol.

The vet wants to try something. They are curious to see how long it take worms to leave a fecal samples after it has been "pooped" out. So we are going to get the vet some sampled for that too lol. I am curious too how long worms stay in goat poo after its been dropped.

·
Registered
The Monkhood
3,103 Posts
I am curious too how long worms stay in goat poo after its been dropped.
Depends on the worm type and favorable weather conditions. Other than barber pole, the life cycle is approximately 3 (three) weeks until hatching and re-infestation, unless there is a dormancy period during the colder months.
The vet wants to try something. They are curious to see how long it take worms to leave a fecal samples after it has been "pooped" out.
I am curious how and what methods would be used to recreate that type of determination.

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the worm type and favorable weather conditions. Other than barber pole, the life cycle is approximately 3 (three) weeks until hatching and re-infestation, unless there is a dormancy period during the colder months.

I am curious how and what methods would be used to recreate that type of determination.
Idk what they plan to do exactly. I can PM you when I know if youd like? I am oh so curious to see how this goes lol.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A PM won't be necessary, thanks for the offer though. I don't think the information can be shared/copied for other members to read and gain knowledge from when it's sent as a message. This thread would be a good place to post what you find out since the topic was started here.
Oh okay!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are probably going to do this fecal test next week. We got our results back in from all the fecals the other day and everything looks good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts