Finally figured it out - pics added 12/20

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Dec 20, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well I finally figured out how to get the hubby to do things for me in the barn -

Threaten to use his power tools!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I told him that as soon as I was done cleaning the buck pen and the covered area of the girls' pen I was going to build my feeder because he wouldn't get off of his butt..... needless to say he is out there building it and I am lauging! :slapfloor:

Pics coming soon

2. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    Re: Finally figured it out -

i've been using that trick for years
    i ask him to do something
    then, when i give up on him, i go do it
    he sees me out there and comes and takes over
    LOL

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

:ROFL: He must be having so much fun! :ROFL:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

that is so funny...way to GO~! :ROFL:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

The feeder that we built today......

The wall where it is going -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All finished -

[​IMG]

Tux - the barn cat helping -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trisha - looking in to see what we were up to while cleaning the boys' pen -

[​IMG]

Trinity - completely unimpressed with powertools in HER area -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture of house from firepit -

[​IMG]

Towards the lake from fire pit -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barn from firepit -

[​IMG]

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Allison...that feeder turned out real nice...I love the pics, and wow...those winter scenery pics are just beautiful.......... :) :love:

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    seathing with jealousy over your lake view.............but you can keep all the snow :wink:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Super that DH decided to help.....and it looks like it was a family thing too :thumb:

Beautiful winter pics Allison, even though that much snow has to be a pain to gret thru, it's still pretty :wink:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I guess you could call it a family thing. My son helped a bit - daughter just stood there complaining how cold it was - but we wouldn't let her go in. I made her help me a bit to clean the barn before the feeder though!

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, But I just want to hop over and steal that hay feeder! :greengrin:

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    You're view is amazing!!!!!

You're new hay rack looks great also - I was wondering, what did you use for you're grain feeders? Large black pvc pipe cut in half?

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    That feeder turned out great! I am going to make my hubby look at that picture tomorrow and make me one. I am sure he will be thrilled to take on another farm project for me...not. :roll: maybe I will try your tactic. :shades:

I just love your view... all I see on every side of my farm is woodlands, trees, trees and more trees. But your lakeview is beautiful. :love:

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I believe...I told Stacey to use that tool tactic with her Dad and brothers when they were building the new barn! Glad you came upon it yourself. Men hate it when the wifes start picking up power tools! I'm usually the "builder" in our family, but I have to admit I don't like using the reciprocating saw, Hubby loves it! I'm always asking him..."can you cut this for me?"

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I cannot believe you all picked such a beautiful WARM day to build it also. :ROFL:
    Looks great.

I have a hard time trying to tell my DH that I am going to do something. ALL he says is "make sure it is level". BRAT. That is because he knows I can do it myself and I will not wait for anyone.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, we are being hit with ANOTHER storm - we woke up to another 2 inches, can't see the lake again and it is coming down HARD!!! This SUCKS! We are supposed to get about another foot.

Tina -

The hay feeder was super easy!! I bought the 3ft x 50ft fencing with the small gaps. It was 24.95 for the roll. Then we used 2x6 around the edge (should have used 2x4 - but we only had 2x6 at the farm). The braces in the middle are 1x1. then we used screwed the 1x1s on so that if we ever needed to replace the fencing or stretch it - we could. The rest is nailed.

Amos -

The grain feeders were made from 4" Black PVC pipe. We used the black because it was thicker and able to withstand the cold more. DH cut it in half and then built end brackets out of 2x4. we screwed the pvc pipe into the brackets in case we ever needed to replace the PVC pipe. On the longer ones (he made me 4) we built a small brace in the middle to support when the kids jump up in them or the nigis put their hooves up on them to eat.

Here is a picture of the bigger one -

[​IMG]

Sweetgoats -

Yah, we were ice cubes by the time we were done - and now I tore apart the feeder that we did have to make hubby redo that one also - LOL! So depending on what time we get back from town today we will be finishing that one!!!

Stacey -

I hear ya - I would prefer the view minus the cold - but it is so beautiful with the snow also.
    When we moved here a little over a year ago, I kept saying oh the winters will be fine - it is only a few months of crap for the rest of the year - now I LOVE the winters - it is beautiful compared to the summers, IMHO

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well the next storm has hit..... we have about 6 inches so far - and still coming down - aghhhhh :hair: :hair: :hair:

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Man, that really stinks! I feel for you! I'm so ready for the snow to just go away!!

This has made me for sure decide - - - - NO MORE WINTER BABIES! Done with that. . . . so one good thing came from this snow. ;)

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    nice grain feeder.. :) .....

I will pray ,that you will remain safe through the next storm...... :pray: