The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can you show a pic of the mechanism you use to lock the head gate in place? I have an old coffee table (here when we bought the place and crazy heavy!) I’d like to turn into a milk stand for the goats, but I’ve never been able to figure out how I’d make the head gate swing and shut.. :what:
My husband could prob figure it out super quick, but he’s always busy and I won’t ask twice!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Can you show a pic of the mechanism you use to lock the head gate in place? I have an old coffee table (here when we bought the place and crazy heavy!) I'd like to turn into a milk stand for the goats, but I've never been able to figure out how I'd make the head gate swing and shut.. :what:
My husband could prob figure it out super quick, but he's always busy and I won't ask twice!
no problem!! I'll try to get a pic of it today!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So the board on the left is stationary and is help by two 5/16 bolts! We figured out then with the right board to put another bolt on the bottom (but not completely tight so it can still move back and forth! Since we only use it for one goat (so far) we put a hole in the upper board so we can stick a bolt through so her head can't get out! I hope i explained it clear enough? Good Luck!!
IMG_1393.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I don't know why I didn't get an email you responded! I usually do. Thanks so much! That will help me immensely!
yes, i havent been getting all of my alerts either :shrug:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts