The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So chrome FINALLY had her kids today. She held out while i was home. When i went to do chores this morning she was clearly in labor, but i didnt feel the need to stay home from work. not to mention couldnt afford to. Anyways i came home for lunch at about one to find two wet newly born huge buck kids. one weighs eight lbs and one weighs ten.both really colorful. too bad they are boys though.
Anyways the biggest thing, was i milked her about half way out at lunch to get colostrum in the babies, but thats all i had time to do. This evening, only six hours later chrome gave me 12.5 lbs of colostrum! thats just one milking! this girl is a milking machine, last year she leveled out at 17 lbs a day. If anyone is looking to ad milk to their alpine herd theswe boys are both available. Pictures of chrome and her grand daughter juju can be seen on the website!
beth

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Congratulations. Sorry they were bucks, but hey better beautiful healthy ones then the alternative. :boy: :boy:
I just love it when all goes well with having the babies.

Do you freeze some of the Colostrum to have on hand when you just MIGHT need it?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh definatly, the kids have had more then enough, and i still have about two thirds of a gallon sized jug, plus i filled a gallon ziploc about two thirds full to freeze.
beth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts