Finally got kids from chrome!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sparks879, Apr 8, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

So chrome FINALLY had her kids today. She held out while i was home. When i went to do chores this morning she was clearly in labor, but i didnt feel the need to stay home from work. not to mention couldnt afford to. Anyways i came home for lunch at about one to find two wet newly born huge buck kids. one weighs eight lbs and one weighs ten.both really colorful. too bad they are boys though.
    Anyways the biggest thing, was i milked her about half way out at lunch to get colostrum in the babies, but thats all i had time to do. This evening, only six hours later chrome gave me 12.5 lbs of colostrum! thats just one milking! this girl is a milking machine, last year she leveled out at 17 lbs a day. If anyone is looking to ad milk to their alpine herd theswe boys are both available. Pictures of chrome and her grand daughter juju can be seen on the website!
    beth

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congratulations on the kiddos Beth. What a good milker she is!!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations. Sorry they were bucks, but hey better beautiful healthy ones then the alternative. :boy: :boy:
    I just love it when all goes well with having the babies.

Do you freeze some of the Colostrum to have on hand when you just MIGHT need it?

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Oh definatly, the kids have had more then enough, and i still have about two thirds of a gallon sized jug, plus i filled a gallon ziploc about two thirds full to freeze.
    beth

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  6. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    congrats !!!! Can you please post pics - i'd love to see GT's grandkids :)

7. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    Congrats on the new kids! Sorry they are buck kids but at least all is well. Cally and Lyric are still holding out!
    Sue