Finally! Hallie Kidded, Jada's next, nope Jada's last!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Di, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    So, at about 5:10am I hear somebody yelling over the baby monitor, having been down there on many false alarms, I waited a minute, then determined it sounded real this time, got there in time to help Hallie dry off twins! A black buckling and a chamoisee doeling!

Jada must have decided to join the fun because I see some goo, not really streaming yet, but definately goo (amber). She's been making a nest and being kinda huggy since yesterday, not like her al all.

I don't have to work today, so I'll get pics as soon as it's light enough. :wahoo:

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Re: Finally! Hallie Kidded, Jada's next!

Congratulations on the new babies.

3. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN

:cool: Congrats!

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Congratulations on the new babies! :girl: :boy: Good luck with Jada!

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Ok, I got some pics, but they aren't very good, nobody wants to co-operate! The doeling is a little week in the hinny? What should I do?

doeling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

buckling
    [​IMG]

See how her hind legs are floppy? She's eating and vigorous otherwise. Thanks!

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

:clap: Congrats!! They are so cute!! :love:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Ok you are on a roll now. I have a doe that looks like the brown one (color wise). They are so cue. I am keeping one because I have not seen one that color, I am sure they will give a light brown Cashmere.

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Oh yes, it's beautiful! Lori, the doe has weak hind legs? Any ideas what I should be doing?

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Congrats!!! They are darling!

My little Nova that was born last week was that way - gave her a BoSe shot and within about 6 hours, she was great! And now - she is rearing and jumping around!

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Oh thank you Liz for the approx time line! I'm so worried...but I just gave her the Bo-Se and was wondering how long it would take to see improvement. Hubby's going to freak if she's still like that tonight...he hasn't seen her yet.

11. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah

CONGRATS
    :stars:
    They are cute. I love seeing pictures of the baby goats.

Suellen

12. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Congrats!! they are really really cute! I like the buckling the best. :)

13. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

CONGRATULATIONS! More and more to come, you're having lots of fun! :stars: :wahoo: Enjoy your cuties!

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Congrats on the two curly cuties!!! I saw that "I" had a thank you.....and I know I didn't post as of yet :ROFL: Allison's timeline was given for the BoSe....But I agree, the weak hiney would all forsome Boe.

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Oops sorry Allison, can you tell I was distracted? Anyway, Thank you for the info, I was really quite relieved when I saw that. FYI the doe is much better this morning, not 100%, but much improved. Should I give her any more Bo-Se? I gave her 1/4 cc. I think they are kind of small, I'll go get her and weigh her, I'm guessing, maybe 4.5lbs.

16. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, Saturday was quite a day. Does anyone else think that kidding time is stressful both mentally and physically?

So, I've been watching these Cashmere does like a hawk. I let everyone out of their kidding stalls during the day, it was sooo nice! I was out working my garden, put out some onion seeds, and peas. Then I decided I'd better have a look around, Charlotte had gone back inside the stall, wow, she was actively pushing! Ran in to wash up and got back just in time, I pulled on the feet (two feet and a nose showing, a first for me), she jumped up and tried to walk away! Boom, out came the baby! Pretty chamoisee, :girl: we just got her cleaned up and Charlotte laid down and we birthed the next one, a pretty peachy :girl: !

So, we were out all day (60's) and then going in to get dinner, and Margie starts having contractions! I said this could take a while, so I hurried and got dinner cooked (kept going out to check her), had to leave it while I went out to help deliver another set of twins! Buck/doe, doe stillborn though :sigh: He's a really pretty dark fawn.

Now, I'm just waiting on Jada, think she looks about ready for today some time. Then I get a two week break and Pippi should be ready!

So, so far we have: 2 niggy does, 3 cashmere does, 2 cashmere bucks. Not bad! :stars:

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the new little one, but sorry about the one you lost. :hug:

Can't wait for the pictures.

18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congratulations....on the new ones...... :leap: :leap: :greengrin:

so sorry you lost one..... :(

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What an eventful day!! Congrats on the births...sorry the last little doe didn't make it :hug:

20. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thanks everyone! Man am I tired! I keep thinking I'm going to go into a deep sleep and not hear trouble on the baby moniter. So, I feel like I'm half awake all night. And that's good, and not so good, :coffee: Oh well, I slept pretty well last night, and didn't change the clock in my bedroom, so I actually slept in a little, lol.

So, DIL wanted to be here when Jada kidded, she's missed them all this year...so they were here quite awhile yesterday...and you know about the "watched pot"...but, she still hasn't kidded. Bummer, should be today though... :doh: let's hope DIL gets to help with this birth. Her ligs are very low, as of last night. Going out to check on her again.