Finally...I can share the new girls and my spots with you...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by jdgray716, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Here are the newest girls from Olivia. I am keeping one but I am have not decided who. I think the bigger of the two but the lil one is so darn cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my Sunset who I think you all saw but such a great shot.
    [​IMG]

Yes that is correct she is red in the back and roan in the front. Two total different colors. LOL Here is a better shot.
    [​IMG]

And here are the new spot pics. You can see now that the coat come in better, no winter coat, the double spots on the red and the NO WHITE on the darker doe storm.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Finally...I can share the new girls and my spots with yo

very....very .... nice........ :thumb:

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

Yes VERY nice!

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

Cute, I think the little one is my favorite to ;-).

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

The doeling with the solid white face is my favorite.... she's pretty. :)

6. Re: Finally...I can share the new girls and my spots with yo

Yea, I know and the little one also has the best personality in my opinion so far. She doesn't have a lot of color I know but she sure is making it hard. Heck who knows I may just hang on to both of them...lol I know I don't need both but it is getting really hard. Right now I am holding both until I make a choice I am happy with. LOL

7. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia

They're SO cute, John-Derek. I'm glad I don't have to choose between them... I don't know, though, that one with the dark spots tugs at me - she reminds me of the dog in Little Rascals... :wink:

-Tina

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

So which ones you shipping to me John-Derek?

9. Re: Finally...I can share the new girls and my spots with yo

Well what ever ones you like. LOL So long as you pay the 300.00 it costs me to fly it to you. LOL

As for looks I like the bigger one but again the smaller one is just so darn cute.

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

They all are adorable!! And I love the spotted does...very neat looking!

11. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington

I would keep them both...no way could I make that kind of choice!

All your guys look great!

12. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

The babies are both absolutely adorable, but I really love the red spotted doe! She's stunning! :love:

13. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

They are all very nice! I love Sunshine's coloring, very cool that she is roan in front and red in back! The spotted does are very pretty, and I bet they throw some interesting kids! The doelings...OMG how can you choose between them.. they are absolutely adorable!

14. Re: Finally...I can share the new girls and my spots with yo

Thank you so much everyone. I really am thinking hard on this one and they are not making it easy, we will know more as they grow. As for the spotted girls. I too and VERY ready to see what will come from them. The red girl is my fave too. I will replace Storm with daughters but Moon-Beam is the one I ma hang on to a bit longer as I do like her. HEHE

As for Sunset, I corrected that mistake...lol, I am floored at her coloring because she is looking more Strawberry Roan up from and has the flower pattern across her rump in the rear, both hard to get in this breed, let alone in one goat. However, I have an uncle, mother, father, and grandmother to this lil one so I need another member like a whole in the head. So sad. LOL

15. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

If you ever get tired of them, I'll take 'em. :p

16. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

Did you breed the red spotted doe? My 88% boer buckling has a full black cape with lots of tan moonspots in it. I'm hoping for spotted babies like your red doe (or at least black heads), but not sure what kind of doe I should breed him to in order to get those. Just wondering what her sire and dam looked like.

17. Re: Finally...I can share the new girls and my spots with yo

I have had her in with a buck so her is to hoping. From my understanding of those that breed spots, goats with black tend to carry the color well. And white tends to be what will bleach out your spots so the idea is to use a solid color or heavly colored buck with little white and if you have a red spotted doe try a black buck or one with quite a bit of black and then if you have a black or black spoted doe you should be fine from what I gather as she has the black to help carry the color over. Just what I have gotten from the few spotted breeders I have spoke with.