Finally ... it has started!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Oct 12, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Love is in the AIR!!!

Dahlia RCF is bred to Ahart Acres Booyah (MGR Reg Myotonics)

SLR UNK Firecracker is bred to J-Nels Donnie (Reg F1 Mini Nubians)

YAH :leap: :leap: :leap:

It is FINALLY starting .... I was starting to worry cause my girls were not coming into heat ... but the last few days, it was raining bad and cold ... and now we got our first frost - woo hoo!!! Now if ONLY they would cycle independent from everyone else so that I am not kidding 7 does at once - LOL!

2. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

Woohoo!
    I have hopefully 9 girls that are 1 month along now! I still have 8 more girls to breed between this month & next. I can't wait for kidding--it's going to be a long winter!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats Allison..... :clap: :cool: :leap: :thumb: :hi5:

4. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Yay!! No kidding about the finally thing :)

5. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    :leap: :leap: hope they settled and have gorgeous,healthy,doelings!

Our girls were bred this month for March babies too. Can't wait until March!

6. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Lucky..... I have no idea if mine are bred. I have boer's you know the ones that are supposed to cycle year round. Well as soon as I put the buck in with the 2 older does in August its like they stopped cycling.....Good thing, one would think they are bred....Nope they are just now coming into heat so it looks like late February early March till god knows when for me....I need January kids for the fair so now I don't know what I am going to do.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Haha - I hear ya - nigis are supposed to cycle year round also - really - cause mine are being brats this year - lol!!!

8. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    I feel ya. My Alpine has not come in and I'm getting impatient!!!!!!

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Great that they have finally co-operated!!

I'm gonna be :hair: between 2/9 and 2/28.....I have Penny, Bailey and Binkey all bred and settled and due between those dates :shocked: ....Maybe I should take 2 weeks off work for a "winter vacation" :ROFL:

10. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Mine all came in together about a week ago. I got two bred. So, now that I know when they last cycled, I can know when they should cycle again and I can keep tabs on it and theoretically know when I can breed the rest. But then nothing ever works how we humans think it will. I only had one that didn't come in heat with the others. Some March babies for me as well! I am hoping to get the others bred for April and May babies so I can stagger the births.